PDA

View Full Version : Random Leaking Seals

thedeatons
06-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Hello all.... I have noticed the kick starter seal is leaving a trail of fluid (now mixed with sand to make sludge). This is in addition to the header leaking (07 DRR DRX2 70cc Watercooled) at the exhaust port no matter how much I tighten it, and also some drippings from the spark plug... Any ideas or fixes found?

Also forgot to mention a slow returning kick start lever.....????

drr wizard
06-11-2007, 10:50 AM
If you have fluid coming past the seal on the kickstarter shaft you need to pull the cvt cover off and inspect because this is a dry belt drive system and there should not be any fluid in the cover . does this fluid seem to be oil or water ? slow returnig kicker is an easy fix but lets first get past the main issue , when you say trail of fluid do you mean on the ground ? that would be a heck of a leak for something that holds no fluid ! need more info to advise.
there is a seal in the ex head pipe which may be missing or damaged easy to replace , some oil residue here is not uncommon. And the dripping from the spark plug is it water or oil ?
drr wizard

thedeatons
06-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Fluid from the kickstart lever seal is oily, but could be a factory lube for the seal? I had the CVT cover off before to do a kevlar belt/springs/rollers... The spark plug has a bit of oil from it, I found it loose the other day, obviously that was the problem there. The header has oil coming from it. Nothing fluid-wise is really dripping or leaving a trail, just making a mess.....

bulldogfallon
06-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Wet Plug--Could be running rich....MJ is rich from the factory

In FL we run a 95-98 MJ on the 70s...w/o any mods

Stock is 103...Some lower the pilot jets to a 40 from the stk 42

I think you are ok.....

Our exhaust is a little messy too..

Keep an eye on those header/exhaust bolts.....

they like to fall out and ruin a weekend