PDA

View Full Version : Great Race This Weekend!

JRP
06-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Well we headed down to Axton Virginia to race at Lake Sugar Tree Motorsports Park. There were only 6 ppl in our class but out of the 6, 4 of them were very quick. Im not to sure how many ppl know this, but I'm 2nd overall out of 70 in our district and my friend Mike is 1st. Well alllllll season so far, ive always came in 2nd to him and he would be first. Except one time he had a mistake and i won. Well for the past 2 and a half weeks, i have been running, biking, and doing alot of situps/pushups to get in shape. Now i know its only been 2 weeks but i felt ALOT stronger racing. I was going 110% both motos and it paid off. OK now with the racing...... lol

First moto i got 2nd off the holeshot and after the first lap i passed into first and started to pull away. My friend mike was in 3rd. There is this one nasty whoop section and right after it theres a 30ft table that kicks you straight up. Well i shifted into 3rd comming out of the whoops and my foot got caught underneath the shifter and i had to seatbounce the table..... Well i was to far forward on the seat and guess what? nose dived the biatch, lol. Racked myself pretty good and once again that damn little black box on my handle bars(lights, etc....) moved down and stopped the motion of my clutch lever. well i knew it was that so i fixed that while i was going and the guy in 2nd passed me. Well mike was still far enough back that he couldnt pass me. Finished 2nd the first moto....

Second moto i got 2nd out of the holeshot again and mike was in 3rd. Passed for first place on the 2nd lap through the whoops and just pulled from there. Went 2-1 for first overall and a FAIR and clean race. It just made me feel so good about myself knowing that all the hardwork and dedication is paying off and im finally starting to beat the fast competition in our district. I guess you could say this was a "moving" win, lol. Hope everyone reads this and gives you guys a boost of confidence and determination, becasue i know it sure gave me a new outlook on racing! Thanks for reading. ~J. Pepper #859~

coolguy8769
06-10-2007, 05:33 PM
lucky SOB. i'll be out there with you soon enough.....

spanky101
06-10-2007, 06:31 PM
dedication is the key thing. You have to put something in to get something in return, and it looks like it paid off in your case! Great job bro!

JRP
06-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by spanky101
dedication is the key thing. You have to put something in to get something in return, and it looks like it paid off in your case! Great job bro!

agreed! i appreciate it alot man!

05Z400rdr
06-10-2007, 07:14 PM
congrats man! just gotta push yourself n it will pay off. i cant wait till next year when i can finallyyyy race again...ill be 16. i'm expecting to do pretty good, but i wont unless i push myself like you did here. congrats again! lol :macho

Landon

quadracer707
06-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Hey Pepper,

Congrates on your race.:) You should come on down to London, KY. this weekend for 2 races for the WPSA. Wade is in Ocean City MD. until Thursday morning Senior week ( Oh to be young skinny & have hair on my head). Leaving Thursday morning, should be great racing, after watching you last weekend, I think you will do very well in "C" class.

Wades DAD

P.S. Maybe if it is real hot out I will fit in with my shirt off big belly & hair everywhere but on my head. I will look like one of them Country bumpkins:macho :macho

JRP
06-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by quadracer707
Hey Pepper,

Congrates on your race.:) You should come on down to London, KY. this weekend for 2 races for the WPSA. Wade is in Ocean City MD. until Thursday morning Senior week ( Oh to be young skinny & have hair on my head). Leaving Thursday morning, should be great racing, after watching you last weekend, I think you will do very well in "C" class.

Wades DAD

P.S. Maybe if it is real hot out I will fit in with my shirt off big belly & hair everywhere but on my head. I will look like one of them Country bumpkins:macho :macho

hahahahaha. id say youd fit right in:blah: lol.
thanks wades dad!
Id love to go to KY but my dads already got plans for this weekend for fathers day, and plus this is one weekend that we have had off in almost 2 months so he's been looking forward to it, lol. Hopefully the next race we will make it to! Tell wade i said good luck this weekend and tell him to kickass!!!

wvspeedfreak
06-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Way to go Jordan :macho Sounds like you are having an awesome year so far.Keep it up man!

Ghost-Rider
06-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Good job, didnt you recently start racing ? i wanna say i rember threads from when you started gettin ready to race.

Sorry i have to.

quadracer707
06-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Jordon,
Do you happen to know who was taking pictures of the rider at South Fork?? I was on there website & cant find anything.

Thanx Ken

JRP
06-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Good job, didnt you recently start racing ? i wanna say i rember threads from when you started gettin ready to race.

Sorry i have to.

hahaha thanks for that! Yea this is my first season. I think ive raced a total of 10 races so far, and ive had many 2nds and 2 first places so far, i hope to continue getting better and one day being able to concentrate fully on the WPSA's!

wvspeedfreak: Thanks alot! Maybe I will see you and Austin at a District 13 race sometime this year?!

Ghost-Rider
06-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by JRP
hahaha thanks for that! Yea this is my first season. I think ive raced a total of 10 races so far, and ive had many 2nds and 2 first places so far, i hope to continue getting better and one day being able to concentrate fully on the WPSA's!

Thats cool, nice work on the top finishing.

JRP
06-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Jordon,
Do you happen to know who was taking pictures of the rider at South Fork?? I was on there website & cant find anything.

Thanx Ken

No sir I do not know who was out there. I saw a lady walking around during all the practices snapping pics and during the race, but I never found out who she was. My friend JoJo was there taking pics of me, but I dont know if there was any professional photographers there.

coolguy8769
06-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Jordon,

Thanx Ken

the people that do the photos at most of the D7 races and the few races in southern virginia are Event Photo Now. The only reason i know this is that the guys daughter sits in the sales trailer all day and she is damn sexy haha plus i bought a picture from em

there website is eventphotonow.com

JRP
06-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by coolguy8769
the people that do the photos at most of the D7 races and the few races in southern virginia are Event Photo Now. The only reason i know this is that the guys daughter sits in the sales trailer all day and she is damn sexy haha plus i bought a picture from em

there website is eventphotonow.com

yea ive seen them around at a few of the races. Bolt Photo does alot of the D13 races and so does Actionphoto

Dupontster
06-11-2007, 05:12 AM
My mom takes alot of photos at races. We were at southfork. What number are yall i can look to see if she got any of you.

JRP
06-11-2007, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Dupontster
My mom takes alot of photos at races. We were at southfork. What number are yall i can look to see if she got any of you.

859 is me chris.
Wade is 707

quadracer707
06-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Wade would have raced in open B quad #707

Thanx ken

I talked to you & mostly your dad at budds creek, he gave me directions on how to get there, was hoping to see you guys there
thanx again ken