PDA

View Full Version : any1 ordered this before

exrider12
06-10-2007, 10:02 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HMF-Exhaust-System-Pipe-Honda-250EX-250-EX-Full-System_W0QQitemZ120130451388QQihZ002QQcategoryZ439 78QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

has anyone ordered this.does it come with mufller and header?
thx

klutchbuster250
06-10-2007, 10:05 AM
yup full system but keep looking around i got mine in black for 230 and free shiping but thats also a good price so if u cant find any other ones go for that one

tedwilley
06-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Yes, that's a decent price.
I got the HMF full system with the red canister for 249 shipped, on Ebay.
Be aware that the quiet core insert is not included in these systems, so if volume will be an issue where you ride, consider getting that also.
In CA, we have a 98DB limit at the state parks. So far, no rangers have commented on my system (no quiet core), but several other riders have mentioned that it sounds great, but LOUD.
Oh, yeah, you WILL have to rejet your carb. This system moves a ton more air and will lean your already lean stock fuel mixture even more.
If you don't rejet, you could burn an exhaust valve down the road, plus your engine will run a lot hotter right away.
Just a warning. It is not a difficult job to rejet.
BTW, I was able to change my exhaust out in about twenty minutes without removing the plastics or any thing else (except the stock exhaust, ha!)

exrider12
06-10-2007, 04:17 PM
how loud is it with quiet core and with out it?how muchis the quiet core seperate?

tedwilley
06-10-2007, 04:26 PM
From the HMF Engineering website:
'Add the optional quiet core insert and you will go from 102~104 db to 96~98db'
$20 if you buy it with the exhaust from HMF.
Don't know much on Ebay or elsewhere.
BTW, their jetting recommendation of 125 seems way big for the 250ex, my 2 cents.

klutchbuster250
06-10-2007, 04:31 PM
a tedwilly al i did was change my main jet when i got it and it runs good but bog out just a lil when i leave it at a steady rpm, am i in risk of burning up something?

exrider12
06-10-2007, 04:36 PM
is this tooo loud for the track or the trails?cuz i heard db limit was 99db for racing this year.also could you put a video sumwhere and let me here the exhaust?

tedwilley
06-10-2007, 05:13 PM
exrider12;
I don't know what your park rules are, CA does regular noise testing. The limit is 98DB. I have not been singled out, yet, but it could happen. I'll deal with it when it happens.
You will not be able to judge anything relating to actual DB levels from a video, just the way it sounds. If you are worried about it. then get the quiet core.
I raced in the past (not quads) and believe me if you become competitive and you are not 100% legal; someone, even someone who wasn't competitive, will file a protest...and DQ you. I have lost a couple of races over rule violations that did not actuall improve my edge (according to the race marshall).
:rolleyes:

tedwilley
06-10-2007, 05:21 PM
klutchbuster250;
What size jet are you running? Too lean will backfire on decelleration and sometimes juist revving with it in neutral.
It is way different than bogging then backfiring. This is usually when you are accelerating or trying to.
Typically damge from running too lean is a long term issue, not fixing the issue though has a way of becoming long term magically
:eek:

Realize the main jet is only used from 3/4 to WOT.
The needle is from just off idle to 3/4, the pilot from idle to 1/4 throttle. The fuel mixture screw affects the pilot jet range,

I'm running a 112 main with my needle clip on the fourth slot, fuel screw 2 1/2 turns out, no airbox lid, K&N w/outerwear, and a full HMF exhaust. I'm using Dynojets, others vary slightly in sizing (I think the Dynojets are the ones that vary from the others!)

The only reliable way to determine if your mixture is correct is to buy at least one new spark plug, gap it correctly, install it. Ride your quad for about ten minutes under different loads (not just WOT). Stop, remove the plug and look at the porcelain. Repeat the test after each adjustment.
Light tan - correct
White - lean
Black or wet - too rich
There are a couple of threads on the forum about sparkplug reading.

exrider12
06-10-2007, 05:58 PM
tedwilley,could i see a video anyways just to hear it? also i am not racing i just go to a track and ride around on it

exrider12
06-12-2007, 03:05 PM
tedwilley could i just see a video to hear it?

tedwilley
06-12-2007, 05:35 PM
I'll try to post something tomorrow night.

exrider12
06-12-2007, 08:07 PM
thank you