PDA

View Full Version : Ok CVT TECHS!!

ww228king
06-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Ok guys, here is my problem. My son's Kymco Mongoose 50 has been running strong for him for the past 6 months. I have been doing some tranny mods. Well, here lately ...it takes of the line strong for about 40' ...then the RPMs rev up a lil, but the gaining of speed dosnt increase as much as it did off the line, it will do this for about 50 more feet then start to move out really fast. Could it be that i need to change the variator? I do notice a lil bit of some flat spots on the weights, could that be doing this too? Recap.....Pulls hard for 40' then kinda flattens out for about 50', then starts to pull hard again. Most of the time i figure out this stuff myself, but i know you guys are the pros. And hate to spend money on the wrong parts. Any help guys?...

CAIN730
06-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Definantly replace your rollers if they have flat spots.

jetski_dawg
06-10-2007, 12:39 PM
i agree.. replace the rollers..if bad, it will act like its stuck in second gear..but im far from being an expert..just my .02

ww228king
06-10-2007, 04:45 PM
thanks guys....i will order more rollers and try that...

etondaddy
06-10-2007, 06:32 PM
It sound to me like a belt or a rear big spring. How many races on those parts ?? Whats the front variator belt faces look like?? If the rollers were stuck in a spot for a while the rpms would'nt go up somethings slippin'

Mike Kozura
mikekozura@yahoo.com