PDA

View Full Version : stock suspension

BlaineKaiser450
06-09-2007, 09:06 PM
im just asking what the biggest jump you were able to do on your stock suspension. I was able to do a 65 ft table today but it bottomed hard( i only weigh 115#) It was fun tho

pats2007450er
06-10-2007, 12:06 AM
i've hit a 45 foot table top and they give quite a bit.the only time i've bottem them out is when i over jumped a dubble and land on flat ground.talk about hurt it sucked.the first time i took it to my buddy's track i came up short on his dubble and my frame landed on top of it.man all i could feel were sharp pain shoot back and forth through my legs.i think the shocks would feel ten times better after getting them revalved and respringed and when you get that done you will have 1-2 inches more travel from where they take the cylinder out and put a shorter one in.if you have them done by www.gtthunder.com they are around 750.00 and you get all three shocks done and a link for the back that gives your rear more travel.thats what im getting done.they say it's just as good as any aftermarket shocks.there fully adjustable and when you send them off they put triple rated springs on them and adjust it for your weight and the terrain you ride.they are tcs springs.i've herd that www.derisiracing.com does very good on shock rebuilds.either way you cant go wronge.

warriorxcr1
06-10-2007, 09:42 AM
about 55.... im 245 pounds so they came down hard! never had a chance to go bigger so still waiting to test the limits haha.

they did rebound like sons of guns though haha

trent03z400
06-11-2007, 11:14 AM
I have jumped sixty five foot long doubles and they bottom out hard. I have my shocks as stiff as they can go. Try to stiffen them all the way and see how you like it. When I did it i could tell the difference. They do bottom out when I hit the sixty five foot double still but not as bad. I am 6'5 265.

gbcap
06-11-2007, 12:26 PM
all the way up to 65ft tables. i would go bigger. and have seen many people at breezewood doing the 80ft table on stock suspension. if you land it right on the downside stock suspension should be fine. its the flat landers or casings that will hurt more with stock.

sahlberg
06-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Sorry for the REALLY stupid question, but when you bottom out, what exactly is running the chance of breaking? I completely broke my shocks on my Honda Recon. I guess its probably from jumping that 45ft. jump haha but what's exactly happening where it runs the chance of breaking? The springs compresses too much ? sorry again for the stupid question, thanks.