View Full Version : quick question

sahlberg
06-09-2007, 07:56 PM
ok....I'm 50/50 on either 450R or the 400ex. I really want the 450R just because the extra power,etc but it doesnt have reverse. My main concern is that, since i live in Jersey, cops will sometimes rade the place your riding at and you have to run. So, if i'm in unfamiliar trails and i have to back up a little or somthing, how hard is it to push it back real quick? My friend has a blaster and he just puts his feet down and pushes back while sitting on it. How hard it this to do for a 135lb. kid? lol, thanks

Chew Spit
06-09-2007, 11:51 PM
maybe you shouldnt be riding in closed off land...??

and people wonder why more and more riding, and wheeling places get shut down every year.... Its cuz people like you, give the ammo for the tree hugging hippies to use, to get areas shut down...

whatever you get, i hope it breaks down when your running from the fuzz, and they haul yer *** off, and impound your quad...

just my .02

mx1791
06-10-2007, 12:02 AM
go for the 450. i understand what your saying about getting away from the cops but its really not that hard to just push the quad back. the pit in my town is ilegal but theres jumps that the 400 just cant do, and you will probably be kicking yourself for getting it after a year.

i live in NJ too. ive had a run in with the cops before. i dont ride the pit anymore though. get insurance on your bike, or dont ride in the ilegal trails/pit anymore. it was a whole mess of trouble and alot of money.

rooster300ex
06-10-2007, 12:07 AM
the 400ex is more for a trail rider type quad in stock form. A 400ex is a blast. To me the 450r is more of a racer. The 400ex is geared more for trail riding. Not sayin a 450r isn't a good trail quad though.

pats2007450er
06-10-2007, 12:25 AM
when i get in a spot like that i give her gas and trough it around.when i went from riding dvx400 with reverse to a 450r i got tired of getting off and pushing it so i learned to give her hell and sling it around.btw your gonna clutch the 450 a whole lot more than the 400.try to ride in legal areas and you wont have to worry.