PDA

View Full Version : almost got my quad stolen!

crazy canadian
10-19-2002, 01:22 AM
it is now 3:10 am.i was down stairs in my room a 1/2 hour ago and decided that i needed to go to the bathroom. when i got up stairs i realized that my truck alarm was going off!! i looked out and didn't see anything but i went out to see what was going on... i was too lazy to take my 400 out when i got home but figured " i live in the middle of nowhere, it won't hurt." i shut off my alarm and that's when i noticed my tie-down was off the bike and lying on the ground!!!!!! I was lucky that the f__k_r's were stupid and bumped my truck!! Needless to say, the 400 is in the garage and i probably won't sleep tonight!

JTRtrx250r
10-19-2002, 02:09 AM
get a dog!!!,even if you do have a garage,glad to hear they didnt get it!!

crazy canadian
10-19-2002, 02:21 AM
i'm glad they didn't get it either!! tha only problem with a dog is that they scrap with the coons all the time, and the porcupines ect!!!!! oh well, the next time, i'll go out with the SHOTGUN!!!!!!!!

JTRtrx250r
10-19-2002, 02:33 AM
I hear that!! I had a dog that liked to fight porcupines........very messy/nasty thing to have to deal w/,and the dog didnt learn,we spent about $650 on vet bills to remove the spikes.....not to freak you out but now they know you have that quad,a few shots just might let them know how much you love your machine:D the best of luck to ya,.......damn loser punks!!:grr

TravEX
10-19-2002, 02:36 AM
glad they didn't get it, thank goodness for shock sensors, right, hehe,,,i haul mine around alot, but i just back my truck up to a light pole or tree when i'm gonna leave it for a while, plus i'm thinking about getting the add-on device for my alarm (Viper 550ESP) that has a wire loop with a connection in the loop that when the connection is disrupted it trips the alarm,,,later

NTPracing22
10-19-2002, 05:26 AM
i've got 2 german shepards that sleep next to my R, which is in my garage...common, i dare someone to try to take it. :D

VooDuu Child
10-19-2002, 09:34 AM
For those of us who on occasion leave our quads in the back of the truck, all you need to do is to tak a U shaped piece of metal two or whatever, weld them upside down to the bed, then use short lengths of chains and locks on it. Also works well when you go on vacation and have no choice but to leave stuff in the back. I've got chains and locks that only a hydraulic bolt cutter and a plasma cutter can get through. Or just back up against a pole/building/vehicle/etc. Make it hard for'm guys.

tants
10-19-2002, 09:38 AM
crazy canadian you should lock bluehaired canadian on a leash to protect your 400! :)

redrider ex
10-19-2002, 09:39 AM
:D

CHAUNCY
10-19-2002, 09:42 AM
you are lucky
Someone else just posted a thread about there friends 400 being stolen
I guess its the time of the year again
Atleast you still got it and had the alarm

yellowex01
10-19-2002, 10:18 AM
Two words for ya.. Baby Monitor. I have one in my garage, you can here the mosquitos fly by it at night. There is no way someone can enter your garage without hearing them. Plus I have a rottweiller, that doesnt like strangers....

CHAUNCY
10-19-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by yellowex01
Two words for ya.. Baby Monitor. I have one in my garage, you can here the mosquitos fly by it at night. There is no way someone can enter your garage without hearing them. Plus I have a rottweiller, that doesnt like strangers....

Thats o good idea
You would be able to hear anything and everything

forum
10-19-2002, 12:41 PM
I don't think any rotweiler likes strangers. hahaha. My buddies barks its ***** off at me till i say its name.

josh
10-19-2002, 12:54 PM
i say you should get a german shep or rot or doby pincher, i have a white german shep and my neighbors house got broke into one night at about 2:00 in the morn, it was just one guy on foot trying to hide from the cops i guess, but she heard it and went crazy at my bed window since it faces the street, and the amazing thing is my neigbors dog slept through the whole thing cuz the dumb kid locked the dog in the bathroom cuz it wasn't listening, o well, nobody got hurt and the guy jus left then the cops showed up in like 5 min with a helicopter above head, pretty fast reaction from the cops for a nice crimeless neighborhood were i live, get a large agressive dog:devil

anyways, i know what it is like to have stuff jacked, my pimped out goped got jacked out of my friends garage, your lucky, drill huge holes in the cement in the garage and chain that baby to the ground, that's what my dad's friends do with their stuff

crazy canadian
10-19-2002, 01:09 PM
it wasn't the green haired canadian that tried to steal it. i've got some new neibourgs that i really don't trust!! i'll have to go do some bird hunting around their house, fire a few warning shots!!! nobody is going to mess with this canadian!!!!!!!!!

z400ACDC
10-19-2002, 01:27 PM
I leave the intercom on. You can get them for about $30.

QuadTrix6
10-19-2002, 01:32 PM
lock it up...even if its in your garage throw a chain and lock on it, they will freak out if they see it and won't steal it...o and don't leave your key in it:D

yellow400ex0102
10-19-2002, 02:45 PM
if you lock it up make sure you got it locked up good with thick chain bc my dad has a barn and six bikes got stolen out of it and it really sucks. ares were all locked up with a thick cable and they cut right throw it. we got heavy chains hopefully that will work for a while

eldoexrider01
10-19-2002, 03:49 PM
i got a shock sensor alarm on my ranger, there aint no way u cant get a quad outa that thing unless u helecopter lift it outa there.!!!!!

wallaby_kid
04-13-2005, 01:51 PM
well tbh with u guys, my fathers bike was stolen teh other month adn we had teh chains on them that they use on cranes to lift heavy s.hit up adn they cut straight through them. just make it hard for them adn if u can buy a shotgun and a bear one of those muther ****ers of a bear theat chews ur leg off, sorry for the laungage atv rider.com but it pisses me off.:mad: ahh well they aitn gonna get my quad let me tell u, ill chew they legs off myself. lolol:blah:

Rastus
04-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by wallaby_kid
well tbh with u guys, my fathers bike was stolen teh other month adn we had teh chains on them that they use on cranes to lift heavy s.hit up adn they cut straight through them. just make it hard for them adn if u can buy a shotgun and a bear one of those muther ****ers of a bear theat chews ur leg off, sorry for the laungage atv rider.com but it pisses me off.:mad: ahh well they aitn gonna get my quad let me tell u, ill chew they legs off myself. lolol:blah:

Scratches head..:huh

That's pretty hard to read man. :scary:

TravEX
04-13-2005, 03:05 PM
i agree! learn to spell!!! and this thread is 2 1/2 years old, but thanks for your useful input.

wallaby_kid
04-13-2005, 03:06 PM
yeah soz the teh= the adn because im from the UK u probably call cranes diffrent, i dont know:D

I-7
04-13-2005, 04:01 PM
yeah soz the teh= the adn because im from the UK u probably call cranes diffrent, i dont know:D

Chip Chop Cherio matey!

Bush0102
04-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Blimey!

wallaby_kid
04-14-2005, 08:33 AM
OMG u all so funny, i havnt got the time to be arguing with all u kiddies so ill just give u all some advise, lock up ur quads adn get a gun,,, laters :blah:

dunnonuttin
04-14-2005, 03:36 PM
well tbh with u guys, my fathers bike was stolen teh other month adn we had teh chains on them that they use on cranes to lift heavy s.hit up adn they cut straight through them. just make it hard for them adn if u can buy a shotgun and a bear one of those muther ****ers of a bear theat chews ur leg off, sorry for the laungage atv rider.com but it pisses me off.:mad: ahh well they aitn gonna get my quad let me tell u, ill chew they legs off myself. lolol:blah: have you ever heard of mavis beacon?:huh she may be able to help you

dunnonuttin
04-14-2005, 03:38 PM
anyways, the last kid i caught tryin to slide a knife through my garage window went home picking pellots out of his ***