PDA

View Full Version : predator 90 or outlaw 90

USMC1STSGT
06-08-2007, 10:08 PM
I have my choice of which one to buy. Im curious if the 4-stroke outlaw 90 is as fast as the 2-stroke predator 90. I doubt it, but how much power am I giving up by going with the outlaw?

Jarhead
06-08-2007, 10:26 PM
The Outlaw and Pred out of the box are pretty much neck and neck. Now if you are considering Modifications the Predator will open up a lot easier and there are many products and companies to include cross model parts that are available. There is a Outlaw that races in the class under my sons and it hangs pretty well with the stock 2 strokes.

The Outlaw is larger by a hair and will be Green sticker compliant in all areas in California. The Pred gets a RED sticker and that can limit you in certains areas if all you are doing is trail riding.

In the end it will be a matter of which bike fits your children and your riding lifestyle better. They are both great machines.

USMC1STSGT
06-09-2007, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the info, I have never even heard of Red/Green stickers....so that makes a difference. California is kinda a pain to deal with!!

Gary

Choppers
06-09-2007, 05:53 PM
My brother has the outlaw. In my opinion i would get the outlaw because you don't have to mix the gas or put oil in the oil reservoir.

ALEXANDERJASON
06-09-2007, 08:28 PM
IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING THE OUTLAW, WHY NOT CONSIDER OTHER 4 STROKE MODELS LIKE THE HONDA OR YAMAHA. THE IMPORTANT COMPONENTS OF THE OUTLAW ARE NOT REALLY MADE BY POLARIS, THEY ARE JAPANESE IMPORTS. I KNOW IT LOOKS PRETTY TOUGH, BUT THE NEW HONDA WITH FLAMES DOES TOO. I TOOK MY HONDA AND REPLACED WHEELS/TIRES, EXHAUST, AND BUMPER. ALSO ADDED HANDGUARDS AND IT LOOKS REALLY TOUGH!!

USMC1STSGT
06-10-2007, 05:47 PM
I know what you mean! its hard for me to buy anything other than a Honda. My son grew up on a 2002 TRX 90. There are a few reasons I like the Polaris's better, the first issue is the automatic transmission, its just another step I could do without for now. While it was good for my son, my girls cant handle the shifting.

Reverse is also a nice option that the outlaw has. Finally, they come in Pink, which is another major plus!

ALEXANDERJASON
06-10-2007, 06:12 PM
I'M SURE YOU HAVE THOUGHT OF THIS. BUT THE NEW 90EX DOES REALLY WELL IN 3RD GEAR FROM START. YOU COULD LOOSEN THE BOLT, AND REMOVE THE SHIFTER, BUT KEEP IT HANDY FOR WHEN YOU WANT TO RIDE IT, OR LOAD IT ON RAMPS. IT ESSENTIALLY MAKES THE QUAD INTO AN AUTO. IT ACCELERATES SLOW ENOUGH THAT IT WON'T GET AWAY FROM THEM, AND EVEN IF THEY GET COCKY, IT STILL REVS OUT AT ABOUT 25MPH. I WAS WORRIED ABOUT ONE OF THE NEPHEWS RIDING IT AT THREE PALMS, A LOCAL MOTOCROSS TRACK, SO I DID JUST THAT, STUCK IT IN THIRD, AND TOOK OFF THE SHIFTER. I WAS AMAZED AT THE HILL CLIMBING POWER THAT IT STILL HAD!! MY SON WAS ON THE PREDATOR, AND NEPHEW ON THE 90EX, AND HE WAS ALMOST KEEPING UP WITH HIM, AND HE WAS NEW TO RIDING.

I WAS REALLY SHOCKED!!

SOMETHING ELSE I HAVE LEARNED OVER THE YEARS. WHEN KIDS ARE YOUNG ENOUGH, IT IS EASIER TO TEACH THEM THINGS LIKE SHIFTING A QUAD. THEY DON'T ASK WHY, THEY JUST DO IT BECAUSE THAT'S THE WAY IT IS. I USED TO TEACH A MOTORCYCLE SAFETY COURSE, AND I COULDN'T GET OVER GROWN ADULTS WHO HAD SUCH A HARD TIME WITH SHIFTING WHEN FIRST LEARNING. I TAUGHT AN OFF ROAD COURSE AS WELL (DIRTBIKES), AND THE LITTLE TYKES ALWAYS SEEMED TO PICK IT UP AND RUN WITH IT IN A MATTER OF MINUTES, EVEN WITH A HAND CLUTCH.

I LIKE THE REVERSE OPTION AS WELL. I AM ALWAYS ABLE TO TURN AROUND WHEN I NEED TO, BUT SOMETIMES I HAVE TO DISMOUNT AND HELP MY SON WITH HIS.

THE NEW 2008 90EX COMES IN WHITE. IT'S NOT PINK, BUT IT IS A HONDA!

EITHER WAY, IT'S NICE TO SEE FAMILIES GETTING OUT AND ENJOYING QUADS TOGETHER.

RIDE SAFE!!

Jarhead
06-14-2007, 09:58 AM
"THE IMPORTANT COMPONENTS OF THE OUTLAW ARE NOT REALLY MADE BY POLARIS, THEY ARE JAPANESE IMPORTS."

Yes this is true of the engine but isnt the honda "imported from Japan" and assembled here also? The Polaris is a good sound and strong running machine as is the Honda. You really cant go wrong unless you buy one of those chinese "autozone specials". Stay far away from those as the support network is not in place to maintain them. Enjoy whatever machine you purchase and have fun spending quality time with your kids in a sport we all love.

kenjolly
07-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Are your kids trail riding or racing. if your racing you have several more choices.