PDA

View Full Version : oil temp?

1965 honda
06-08-2007, 08:59 PM
what would be the proper running temp for for my 400? ithink its getting hot.

hornetgod13
06-08-2007, 09:17 PM
I have a XR's Only oil temperature dipstick on my 400EX. It usually runs between oil temperatures of 175 to 225 degrees. On hot days I've seen it as high as 275. I run air scoops and my riding temperature is between the 60's and 100's.

TYayo420
06-08-2007, 09:35 PM
yeah well your wheeler is sweet and you have everything i want for show on mine:( :( :(

hornetgod13
06-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by TYayo420
yeah well your wheeler is sweet and you have everything i want for show on mine:( :( :(

Thanks! I got a kick out of that remark. I've just been working on it a little at a time. I was stoked just to receive 3 votes in Quad of the Month poll. There are a ton of quads out there that look way better than mine. I've nearly ran out of money and my wife is out of patience. I think I'm just about finished throwing money into it.

TYayo420
06-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
Thanks! I got a kick out of that remark. I've just been working on it a little at a time. I was stoked just to receive 3 votes in Quad of the Month poll. There are a ton of quads out there that look way better than mine. I've nearly ran out of money and my wife is out of patience. I think I'm just about finished throwing money into it.

glad my girlfriends cool, and would let me do that to mine lol over the winter im re-doing mine, she said that think is the nicest quad she seen so far too, i love all the red with black.

1965 honda
06-09-2007, 09:01 AM
yeah hornetgod13 that is pretty nice. you just need to make it faster know.

nickk
06-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Hornetgod, where did you get that dip stick from?

hornetgod13
06-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by nickk
Hornetgod, where did you get that dip stick from?

XR'S Only website for $39.95. The Dipstick has a paint line on the stem to indicate the oil full mark. It comes in either red or silver and the temp gauge is adjustable to ensure it is facing upwards when threaded on. A link and picture are posted below.
http://www.xrsonly.com/content/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1010&category_id=127&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=77

hornetgod13
06-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by 1965 honda
yeah hornetgod13 that is pretty nice. you just need to make it faster know.

I believe 68.7 is pretty damn fast! I don't plan on tearing into the motor to bump up the power. The motor is built well and is bulletproof in it's stock setting. I don't want to reduce the engines life. However, I could make it faster If I wanted to swap the 15F/39R sprockets out but, I'm a trail rider and hill climber so I still need the low end torque too. The 20" rear tires also give me the right balance of speed and trail riding clearance that I need.

hornetgod13
06-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by TYayo420
glad my girlfriends cool, and would let me do that to mine lol over the winter im re-doing mine, she said that think is the nicest quad she seen so far too, i love all the red with black.

It's great to see your girlfriend has great taste in quads too. ;)

Seriously, I did a mod or two a month so not to upset my wife too much. A little at a time is the key.

I've moved on to fixing my son's bike up. He has a CRF100F and I've done 19 modifications so far. We had a deal that if he got all A's and B's (Honor Roll) on his final report card that I would go in on half of a BBR 120CC Big Bore Kit ($299.00). He's been saving his allowance to pay for the other half. I just got his report card yesterday, he got 4 A's and 5 B's. Looks like I got more work to do!
Here's a link to his bike. At the bottom of his website, all the mods have a link to photos and descriptions. http://crfsonly.com/forum/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=603