PDA

View Full Version : BIG GUN Rev Box???

pro-rider46
06-08-2007, 08:36 PM
i posted a thing up a while ago and my bike is sputtering extremely bad!!! i just relized that when i first put it on it started acting weired like reving slower and sputtering once of twice but i continued to run it. the more i run it the worse it got. i pull it off and it stops getting worse just stays sputtering the same. i figured it may have screwed something up (electronically).

Is there anyone out there having the same problems???

i think i am going to contact big gun tomarrow

mr.sleeper
06-10-2007, 01:16 PM
when u find any info let me know i think i might have the same problem i just thought mine might be jetting

LTR450_#67
06-10-2007, 01:30 PM
With rev boxes like them ...I heard if that the battery isn't fully charged it won't run right....something like that....

EDIT: Nevermind I just seen you have an '05 R which means it wouldn't have a battery....

pro-rider46
06-10-2007, 02:22 PM
well i called big gun and it said for parts and accersorys and warranty info press 2 , i press 2 and it puts me back on hold and then 30 seconds later it says for parts and accerorys press 2 and i am like WTF!!! so i dont understand how to get a hold of them . maybe it is not designed for retards like me.:D :rolleyes:

Elduner
06-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Do yourself a favor and toss that CDI Big gun (procom) in the trash... They are just that trash...

depending on what your mods are you may not need a after market CDI... I know I didn't replace mine till I needed a little more power up top.... Connect the stock CDI and be done with your problems.....

Have your dog do poop on it and package it up and send it back to Big Gun as a gift!

pro-rider46
06-11-2007, 06:00 PM
hey i dont know if you notice but i have a stage one cam (low end) and i wanted a little extra on top. plus i paid a hundred and ten dollars on that crap i am going to find out wy big gin sent me crap that cost 110 dollars. i am not going to throw away something that cost 110 dollars. i tried the stock one and it still does the same thing. just doesnt get worse. so i think it fried my stator. so hope fully big gun will understand and help me out with my sitution. sorry if this sounds like i am flipping out on you but i am not. but i am ready to pull off some round into the case of the bike!!!!!!!!:mad:

Elduner
06-12-2007, 12:28 PM
I catch your drift no worries... But sometimes its better to take a lose and move on. If they stand behind that relabeled product I would be amazed....

good luck no matter what happens bro .. and I hope you don't take me wrong.

400exrider707
06-12-2007, 12:50 PM
For the most part they dont actually add any power, they just raise the rev limit, which is pretty useless as it is seeing as your power will fall off before you even hit the rev limiter, especially with a stage 1. It wont give you anything extra on top.

pro-rider46
06-12-2007, 03:24 PM
yeah it really doesnt help that much

pro-rider46
06-12-2007, 06:08 PM
well i just took it in to the dealership to see if they can fix it. i pulled of all the hotcam stickers just cause the cam may void warranty. Hopefully if i am lucky it will be covered but if not. there hourly rated is 60 bucks an hour so it might get a little expensive. when they find out the problem i will post it up here

ragin450r
06-15-2007, 05:03 AM
I don't know if it is the same for 05 or not, but on the 06 you can cut a little green wire under the hood and it will give you the extra 1000 rpm on top and you can save your money on a rev box.

Sjorge450R
06-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by ragin450r
I don't know if it is the same for 05 or not, but on the 06 you can cut a little green wire under the hood and it will give you the extra 1000 rpm on top and you can save your money on a rev box.

nope only the 06.