View Full Version : ********************!!

ZeroLogic
06-08-2007, 01:23 PM
The Leatt Brace from BTO sports is now out of stock til 6/30, before it was the 25! I can't ride til I get all of my gear including the brace!. I havn't rode in months either. Does anyone know where else they carry this brace? I am getting extremely pissed.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Edit, Now my god damn helmet is out of stock til 7/7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

CRich[814]
06-08-2007, 03:20 PM
why do you need a Leatt Brace to ride?

97blaster200
06-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by CRich[814]
why do you need a Leatt Brace to ride?

he wants to race you chode!!!!!!!!

PolarisRider
06-08-2007, 05:05 PM
yea why do you need a brace? order a different helment? what have you been wearing for a helemt in the past? if your so pissed that you cant ride, use your bros helment

miller821
06-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Try here:

http://www.supersportsracing.com/eshopprod_cat_3009-29334-29337_product_370753.Leatt_-sport_model.htm

Honda TRX250ex
06-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by PolarisRider
yea why do you need a brace? order a different helment? what have you been wearing for a helemt in the past? if your so pissed that you cant ride, use your bros helment
No one uses my helment except for a few well choiced people.

ZeroLogic
06-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by PolarisRider

Hes got the same **** helmet I have, I need the most protection I can get and I rather spend the 400 dollars instead of being paralyzed for life.

yamaha250f
06-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
I need the most protection I can get and I rather spend the 400 dollars instead of being paralyzed for life.

Words well spoken I wish everyone was like you

ZeroLogic
06-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Well now I am stuck. Either I drive and get semi good gear or don't drive and get top of the line gear. I have a 750 dollar car insurance bill comming up when I get my license. Without the truck I can't go to tracks when I want. :ermm:

06-09-2007, 07:41 AM
dude you dont need a $400 helmet. search around. there are better protection helmets for $250 or so...you dont NEED top of the line

PolarisRider
06-09-2007, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
dude you dont need a $400 helmet. search around. there are better protection helmets for $250 or so...you dont NEED top of the line

its not the helment thats 400

tw1976
06-09-2007, 08:00 AM
I think your putting a little to much trust into the Leatt brace. While I think its a great invention and everyone should be wearing one, it is not going to prevent all injuries from occuring. Just because you have one on doesn't mean you could not be paralyzed in a wreck. If you have ridden without one until this point, and have not been injured, the chances of it happening in the couple weeks until arrives are pretty low.

moto04racing
06-09-2007, 08:39 AM
dont order from BTO

ZeroLogic
06-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by tw1976
I think your putting a little to much trust into the Leatt brace. While I think its a great invention and everyone should be wearing one, it is not going to prevent all injuries from occuring. Just because you have one on doesn't mean you could not be paralyzed in a wreck. If you have ridden without one until this point, and have not been injured, the chances of it happening in the couple weeks until arrives are pretty low.

I have been trail riding and pit riding all of my life. I'm going to start riding at tracks so my chances of falling is like 99 percent now. I rather be safe then sorry. I know the Leatt brace won't completely protect me but it sure is better then nothing.

Originally posted by moto04racing
dont order from BTO

Why not?

Prey
06-09-2007, 09:10 AM
I have been trail riding and pit riding all of my life. I'm going to start riding at tracks so my chances of falling is like 99 percent now. I rather be safe then sorry. I know the Leatt brace won't completely protect me but it sure is better then nothing.

nothing wrong with that outlook, it has been my expierence when i say nothing will happen ... or i am going to take it easy cause i forgot say my chest protector at home... thats when i usually end up in the emergency room LOL

06-09-2007, 10:09 AM
zerologic. you are making a big deal out of nothing. a lot of riders are at the track with no leatt brace or whatever its called. people have road for years (30+) with no protection...i dont think you'll have a problem

ZeroLogic
06-09-2007, 10:32 AM
zerologic. you are making a big deal out of nothing. a lot of riders are at the track with no leatt brace or whatever its called. people have road for years (30+) with no protection...i dont think you'll have a problem

So your saying I am not going to fall and never get hurt riding at a track with a bike I have had for a few months and never having track experience? I wish life worked like that. I am going to order the brace when it comes in stock and order the rest of my gear so I can atleast ride for a bit.

Ghost-Rider
06-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Jesus your anal about having every piece of gear. Am i the only one on this site who doesnt have a chest protecter and stuff? i dont ride on mx tracks but all i wear when i ride are jeans work boots long sleeve or t-shirt gloves helmet and goggles and im still alive.

yamaha250f
06-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Hey i dont ride with a chest protector I did buy one wear it once and just said its not for me now I have a $130 blue chrome Fox chest protector on display in my basement that will never be worn again. They just arent comfortable for me but the one and only time i went out riding without all my gear is the one time that I wrecked and got hurt. From that day on I wont ride without my alpinestar boots helmet goggles gloves or riding suit.

yamaha250f
06-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Ghost-rider just looking at your sig you do ride a recon and rancher. Its a different story when your on a bike. JMO

ZeroLogic
06-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Jesus your anal about having every piece of gear. Am i the only one on this site who doesnt have a chest protecter and stuff? i dont ride on mx tracks but all i wear when i ride are jeans work boots long sleeve or t-shirt gloves helmet and goggles and im still alive.

Then you havn't been roosted by 450s or any dirt bike. ;) Also you ride a Recon and Rancher. Its a whole different ball game when your on a bike.

Ghost-Rider
06-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Thoguht you were talking about quads.. my bad and i know about bikes...was riding at my friends i was on my quad he was on a bike and we took a turn on grass his bike went down and landed on him and slid about 60 yards.....i would wear more if i rode bikes after watching it happen.

Honda TRX250ex
06-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Then you havn't been roosted by 450s or any dirt bike. ;) Also you ride a Recon and Rancher. Its a whole different ball game when your on a bike.
I dont have a chest protector, but i wish i did. I wouldent have broken ribs.

ZeroLogic
06-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Yes you would.

06-09-2007, 01:57 PM
trail riding IMO is much more dangerous then track riding. i was just ridin with a buddy. he was on my quad. i was on my bike. flip flops shorts no shirt and no helmet. yea i know, pretty dumb, but its not like we were flying. just take it easy on the track and only hit what you know you can. besides, as a beginner, you shouldnt be doing anything too extreme

quad2xtreme
06-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Ordered my Leatt brace April 10th and just recently received an email that it is just being shipped into the US. Not sure how much longer. I've always ridden without one and am sort of paranoid about the coincidence if I had a nasty wreck and got paralyzed...always wondering if it would have changed things. The good news is I came up short on the uphill 75' triple at Breezewood. It has now been 2 weeks and my ankle is still swollen like a flat lady's ankle hanging over her shoes. I figure I have 2 more weeks until I can ride anyhow.

Try to wait it out if you can...if you just ordered it though then you will be wasting the whole summer away...but then again, it might be the safest thing you ever did.

How superstitious are you? ;)

/Jon

06-09-2007, 04:37 PM
trail riding IMO is much more dangerous then track riding.

I hope your joking.

mx428
06-09-2007, 08:16 PM
What kind of helmet are you getting? Anyway, the Leatt makes you feel alot more comftorable mentally, and to tell you the truth riding is 99% mental. If you feel confident in your abilities and your protection you'll do way better than if you're paranoid about crashing and whatnot. I feel naked without one.

MX MaNiAc 06
06-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Do u have ur bubble wrap yet?

Quit being a pansy n just go ride.

ZeroLogic
06-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by mx428
What kind of helmet are you getting? Anyway, the Leatt makes you feel alot more comftorable mentally, and to tell you the truth riding is 99% mental. If you feel confident in your abilities and your protection you'll do way better than if you're paranoid about crashing and whatnot. I feel naked without one.

My budget was tight because of my car insurance bill and my bike bill.
I brought a HJC AC-X3 AGENT Helmet.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=23897&department=201&Division=2

I heard they were good for the price. Next year if I race I am going to buy a Aria helmet. I already ordered my gear,

SixSixOne MXE Knee/Shin Guards

Sixsixone SP-2 Pressure Suit

HJC AC-X3 AGENT Helmet

Troy Lee Grand Prix Jersey, Pants and Gloves

Oakley Ricky Carmichael Signature Edition Goggle

Alpinestars Tech 3 Boot

I have to wait until someone gets the brace instock. I gain confidence pretty quick especially on my bike. I just don't know my limits well.
Wheres a good place to buy this brace?

mephyst
06-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Zero... In my eyes I think riding a quad is far more dangerous than a bike. I have fell so many times on my bike at the track... and I fall once hard on my quad and broke my back.

Bikes suspension is so much better and you can always bail off to the side if you need to... on a quad it's a lot harder to dismount.

I wouldn't worry too much about riding your bike on the track, just know your limits. =] More protection is always good... but I will not ride without my boots/pants/helmet/gloves/chest protector. A chest protector is a must.

SRH
06-09-2007, 10:52 PM
imo if your 99 percent sure your going to break your not or atleast crash like your gonan break your neck, sell it.....with all that garbage your ordered it probably going to be more dangerous than if you just had your basic set of riding gear on

you ride dirtbikes your gonan get hurt if your that petrified of getting hurt dont even start

Blue250X
06-10-2007, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
I hope your joking.

If you get the right trail, I agree they are more dangerous too.

06-10-2007, 08:24 AM
i agree

quad2xtreme
06-10-2007, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Do u have ur bubble wrap yet?

Quit being a pansy n just go ride.

Partially agree with you but I am a bit jaded...my wife is an RN in a trauma center. She constantly tells me about all the bike and quad guys who are lying in bed crying like big babies with their tattoos up and down their bodies. The worst are the ones who will never recover...even Jeremiah was lucky in her opinion because at least he can still think and move his upper body. Several of these guys end up completely mentally challenged...or, politically incorrect...vegetables.

Everyone already knows this but I will repeat...many of these accidents happen right at home just doing a test run after doing some repairs. Often these people don't even put a helmet on. The 2nd biggie is letting an untrained friend ride your quad or bike especially with a beer or two in them. If you have these type of toys and have a party at your house, don't show off your toys...you might just end up losing all of them along with your house.

mitch91
06-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Everyones different, i used to go to tracks on my dirtbikes with jeans shoes and a t shirt. Sometimes boots and sometimes minus the t shirt. The only gear i ware is a helmet.

ZeroLogic
06-10-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm not afraid of falling, I just don't want to get hurt to bad because I would have to take off from work and I would loose everything I have. I agree on falling off a quad is worse also. You can't be too safe either. It don't hurt either to have on extra protection too.

mx428
06-10-2007, 01:47 PM
My budget was tight because of my car insurance bill and my bike bill.
I brought a HJC AC-X3 AGENT Helmet.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=23897&department=201&Division=2

I heard they were good for the price. Next year if I race I am going to buy a Aria helmet. I already ordered my gear,

SixSixOne MXE Knee/Shin Guards

Sixsixone SP-2 Pressure Suit

HJC AC-X3 AGENT Helmet

Troy Lee Grand Prix Jersey, Pants and Gloves

Oakley Ricky Carmichael Signature Edition Goggle

Alpinestars Tech 3 Boot

I have to wait until someone gets the brace instock. I gain confidence pretty quick especially on my bike. I just don't know my limits well.
Wheres a good place to buy this brace? I got mine from Leatt but I got one before they were so in demand. I think anywhere you go you're gonna end up waiting a lonnnnng time for one.

ZeroLogic
06-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by mx428
I got mine from Leatt but I got one before they were so in demand. I think anywhere you go you're gonna end up waiting a lonnnnng time for one.