PDA

View Full Version : Tool Question...Need your opinion

u_want_some
06-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Alright I have been looking around at air impact wrenches and compressors and I recieved a call today about on that is made by Husky (???) It seems that it is a little cheaper in price and was wondering if anyone has ever used any of their products in the past. This is a complete set of air wrenchs, nozzles, hoses and compressor....Do you think it's any good? Please give any and all opinions

STEVENJANNA
06-08-2007, 10:43 AM
When it comes to Air tools you can't beat Ingersol-Rand. You pay alittle more but they last along time.

u_want_some
06-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Anywhere paticular that I can find them? Any opinion on Husky? Thx

STEVENJANNA
06-08-2007, 10:56 AM
To start you can try here.

www.Norterntool.com

I don't want to bad mouth anyone's choice in tools.
For the Hobbyist brands like Husky, CP, Sears, etc. are fine but I come from a background as an auto tech and when you need your tools to work everyday all day, you need tools that can take abuse.

AtvMxRider
06-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Really depends on what you plan on doing with them. If you just want a set for the garage then Husky is fine but if you are going to work with them everyday then go with Ingersol

u_want_some
06-08-2007, 02:48 PM
I am just looking for something to use when Im working on my quads, I definatly hope it won't be everyday.lol. I just have never seen Husky products before and their is not a whole lot of information on the internet. Just wondering if I would be getting a good deal or wasting my money on Husky products just for the garage! Thanks

bigz-71
06-08-2007, 03:19 PM
i got a Husky air compressor for 300 bucks one night at Home Depot. It was a spur of the moment purchase. It has been a good compressor but not one of the strongest compressors. I would like to have one that pumped up a lot quicker. Mine did come with all the tools you would need, like a 1/2 in impact wrech, 3/8 drive, impact sockets, blow nozzle, and a few more items that i can not think of right off the top of my head. I would have to say it was a good compressor for my quad.

72 chevelle ss
06-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Never used husky, but if you are still looking around try harbor freight.

http://harborfreight.com/

u_want_some
06-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Ok, now I know Harbor Freight and there tools usually last for about a year or so and, Bamm!! They are so much cheaper for a reason....the products and material they use is crap!! When you have a screwdriver set that completly breaks within 1 week, you know they are nothing but making money!! That was a 32 piece set....Every one of them broke!!