PDA

View Full Version : controversy between nationals

STOCKRACING917
06-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Quick question. We are racing the ITP motocross series this year. This is our first year, so we are in the learning phase. I have noted a few slangs against the ITP series and those favoring the WPSA. We would like to know the difference in the two or opinions why one over the other. I don't hope to open a slang fest, we are just curious to learn about the sport we love so much. We have had a ball so far this year and have met so many nice people. It is truly a wonderful way to keep your family together and give kids a positive bit of "Dirt" to get into. Thanks for any info you can give.

Stockton Racing 917

howmuchnow
06-07-2007, 06:02 PM
I (my family) chose to run the WPSA this year based on the way you get treated at there series. we ran bolth series last year and it was a no brainer as to witch one to run this year. The best thing in my opion they have going is it's the same people every race, by that I mean same starter in georgia as was in taylorvill and stillwater. The wpsa staff are setup and organised. It seems that the competition is at the wpsa series this year also, fun to run with the best . The GNC series has some fast riders but from top to bottom the wpsa is where it's at.

motoxgirl419
06-07-2007, 07:14 PM
I agree with the post above. WPSA treat their riders very well and try to entertain them as well. They are great bunch of people. We went to other nationals and didn't care for the way it was ran and how they treated some of their riders. I'm not saying that I wouldn't have my daughter race at one of those nationals I just prefer WPSA.

mxkids
06-07-2007, 07:17 PM
We decided to stick with the ATVA ITP series. Why because we fell it is a better series with very stiff competition in our classes. We had a set schedule at the first of the year. We knew the moto order at the first of the year. Which is set in stone. It does not change from race to race, which the WPSA series has been known to do. We go to the races to race the fastest riders in the country and to chase a National Championship. WPSA has some great riders. There are several in the classes that we are in that are doing both series. Which is great.

As far as being treated fairly. I have NO complaints about the ATVA. They have always treated our family well. I think running a series like WPSA and ATVA would be hard. You are not always going to make EVERYONE happy. What makes you happy may not make me happy. But, it seems as if they both try.

I am not saying WPSA is not a good thing. Each family has to decide what is better for them. Next year maybe different for us, who knows. Only time will tell.

With the way gas prices are, everyone would be alot better off if both series would work togeather somehow. IMO

STOCKRACING917
06-08-2007, 06:08 AM
What about year end awards and banquet ? what does the wpsa do? thanks for the comments.

dodgepower
06-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Rick,

Hey this is Justin(austin's dad)

Yall going to PA? We arent but should be at blountville.

One thing that has made me mad this year though is inconsistency with rules and the enforcement of them. I am meaning the rule change after 4 races have already been run, the lack of experienced flags knowing what they are doing and letting someone pass right in front of them while they flag the yellow but couldnt remember, SMITTY!!!!!!!!!! This guy is a waste and is more interested in shaking peoples hands then doing whats right cause " they have a bunch of classes"

But your right in the fact too that have had pretty good times and love to watch the guys go fast:)(well faster than i would probably go)

STOCKRACING917
06-08-2007, 03:42 PM
We are in limbo right now about Pa. Family vacation , race or combo both. We haven't fully decided. Blountville for sure. It is close to home. See ya there.

Logan #34's Dad
06-08-2007, 10:24 PM
I chose to run the ATVA because of class structure. I don't believe Logan should have to run his CVT against any Cobra. ATVA has the 70cc CVT only class, the single speed (Cobra w/ auto clutch) and a shifter class. This system is working out great - the CVT only class has become a great entry level class OR a class for us not so well off folks ($8,000 starting price for a Cobra!). My experience at the ATVA event was a good one and a couple of them boys and girls on CVTs' can flat out fly! Just my 2 cents. See ya all at High Point!

Livin4Real
06-08-2007, 10:44 PM
I think it was a good thing for a second series to open up. This is our second year racing with the wpsa and were are really happy with them. Rick Murphy and his crew do a great job and are always around to talk to. I would like to see one series but it's good to have the competition to keep each series in check. I'd like to see an east coast/west coast type setup so you don't have to drive from one end of the country to the other. You race your region and like bikes come together for a championship at the end. Now I just need to talk MXkids into switching over next year :D It never hurts to have your mechanic next door, especially for those of us evil cobra owners :blah:

mxkids
06-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Livin4Real
I think it was a good thing for a second series to open up. This is our second year racing with the wpsa and were are really happy with them. Rick Murphy and his crew do a great job and are always around to talk to. I would like to see one series but it's good to have the competition to keep each series in check. I'd like to see an east coast/west coast type setup so you don't have to drive from one end of the country to the other. You race your region and like bikes come together for a championship at the end. Now I just need to talk MXkids into switching over next year :D It never hurts to have your mechanic next door, especially for those of us evil cobra owners :blah:

Who knows what next year will bring. Only time will tell. We are really happy with ATVA. I wish we could get a North and South shoot out. Make it somewhere around the Mason Dixon Line. It would defintley be alot easier own our pocket books. I need to get you to convert over to the ATVA. Then you will have your mechanic at your door.

BTW, I sent your graphics out today.

mini racer #39
06-10-2007, 06:38 PM
I say thumbs up to the ATVA National series. My opinion is that we want to race where someone has actually done something for our kids! Doug Morris president of the ATVA has been to congress to fight for our kids right to race! Has any member of the WPSA been there and stood up for our kids? I haven't heard of any. I also am thankful that the ATVA set up a 70CVT class. There isn't one in the WPSA. No offense Waltz but my son can't race with those cobras! lol. I have'nt had any problems in the class or the way things have been ran. Look at Texas for example, who would have thought that we would have been racing on Saturday morning. :blah: The track was great. Thanks ATVA!

STOCKRACING917
06-10-2007, 08:04 PM
We too, have been pleased. I think dividing the classes has given all the little guys a more fair chance. After all, it's all for them and they work so hard for it. I am glad more of them can reap the rewards of their efforts instead of walking away feeling like they didn't have a fighting chance. Yes, Thank you ATVA.:)

Livin4Real
06-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by mini racer #39
No offense Waltz but my son can't race with those cobras! lol.

Ahh, just sell it all off and come to the darkside :blah:

MxKids: Got the graphics and axle today, Thanks :)

Brian

mxkids
06-13-2007, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Livin4Real
Ahh, just sell it all off and come to the darkside :blah:

MxKids: Got the graphics and axle today, Thanks :)

Brian

Glad to hear you got them. Any problems give me a call.