PDA

View Full Version : DRR foot brake assembly

Andyman17dad
06-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Anyone get the new foot brake on their DRX yet? How does it work? How does it attach, any mods needed? Pictures?? I have one coming, I just want to see what I am in for!

wvspeedfreak
06-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I put one on a few weeks ago.I will get a few pics of it for you later.It all worked out good.

BradLoomis
06-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Jason that one was mine not DRR's that I sent you. Les got some in and said it looked like they did copy it exactly... but hadn't mounted it up yet to make sure. Lou did send one of mine over not just pictures... so hopefully it will be a direct bolt on other than the one hole to drill.

wvspeedfreak
06-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Yeah,Les said they looked identical.If in fact they do,the installation will be a breeze.The one you sent me went right on without a hitch.Thanks again.

bulldogfallon
06-07-2007, 07:11 PM
I have one of the DRR foot brake kits available if anyone needs one

wvspeedfreak
06-07-2007, 07:13 PM
pic

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/wvspeedfreak/drrbrake.jpg

BradLoomis
06-07-2007, 07:28 PM
That looks good Jason! Not that your racer is back to a foot brake like the Kasea he had... what does he think of the bike? That rear disc locks up pretty good doesn't it!

wvspeedfreak
06-07-2007, 07:41 PM
It definately stops better than the Kasea drum brake :D Now if Elka would just send me the right springs so he doesn't pogo stick so much when he lands we would be in business :p

riding4fun
06-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
I have one of the DRR foot brake kits available if anyone needs one

I have the Rath nerfs with the heel guards, will they still fit without problems.

Rcarroll
06-07-2007, 09:02 PM
I just put on both foot brake and Rath nerfs with heel gaurds and had to modify the heel gaurd to fit around the brake.

BradLoomis
06-07-2007, 09:05 PM
I designed it to work with any standard mini quad chassis. Remove the swing arm bolt and place the brake assembly against the frame tab. Re-install swing arm bolt, but do not tighten all the way. Now twist the assembly up or down to level with the foot peg. Drill 6mm or 1/4" hole into swing frame tab and insert indexing bolt to lock into position. Tighten up swing arm bolt, mount reservoir, attach hose and bleed the brakes. You can still adjust the pedal height with the plunger adjustment also.
I am working on one for the cable quads also that don't have hyd. brakes.

GNCC GROVE
06-08-2007, 07:17 AM
How much for these foot breaks? Who's selling them? Thanks

bulldogfallon
06-08-2007, 07:38 AM
I have one for sale and will have more in my next shipment from DRR...Sent you a PM

Andyman17dad
06-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Thanks guys, sounds like even an idiot like myself can handle that one!!

Ok, now is there any particular brake fluid that you recommend over others?

drr wizard
06-08-2007, 08:08 AM
I got mine at HOT QUADS , he said he was going to keep them in stock. We are not supposed to mention price per the forum rules but I'm sure gary as well as all of the DRR dealers will stock this item and price it the same . It works well , an easy do it yourself install.
drr wizard

riding4fun
06-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
I have one for sale and will have more in my next shipment from DRR...Sent you a PM

Send me a PM also

wvspeedfreak
06-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Andyman17dad

I used DOT 5.

thedeatons
06-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Is it possible to have this in conjunction with the hand brake on the bars? I understand the signifigance of leaving the clutch side of the bars empty for future "getting used to", but was just curious...

drr wizard
06-11-2007, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Andyman17dad

the units are shipped with DOT 3 fluid and if you intend to change ,flush lines because DOT 3 and DOT 5 are not compatable drr wizard

drr wizard
06-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by thedeatons
Is it possible to have this in conjunction with the hand brake on the bars? I understand the signifigance of leaving the clutch side of the bars empty for future "getting used to", but was just curious...

yes the foot and hand control can both be used , replace rear banjo bolt with a dual banjo bolt and run two seperate brake lines.
drr wizard

Steven623
06-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Is this new foot brake set-up from DRR ATVA legal for the stock/limited 50cc quad class? Thanks for any replys!

drr wizard
06-11-2007, 10:28 AM
I would not think it would be legal for stock limited... since none of the bikes have been shipped in with this option factory installed.
drr wizard

Andyman17dad
06-11-2007, 11:53 AM
It is legal for NewEnglandATV-Mx as long as it comes from DRR and isn't an aftermarket item.
I had heard that they should be coming on the new bikes soon though?

jerkyboy
06-11-2007, 08:09 PM
I can tell you first hand its not legel in district 6. Finished 2nd at racewaypark and got DQed. If we get together and all send a letter to the ATVA maybe we can get a rule change for next year.
Its not a performance mod but more of a saftey issue with some of the smaller riders not being able to grab the lever properly.

We showed up at the races the next day
with it still on.
I was also told my son would be suspended for the rest of the year if I didnt remove it.

Steven623
06-11-2007, 08:12 PM
where you going to race next jerkyboy? my e-mail is raptor01@ptd.net

BradLoomis
06-11-2007, 10:35 PM
I was hoping that with Lou getting it made at the DRR factory that they would start installing them on the bike factory and then everyone that has a DRR no matter what year could retro-fit it as a factory option. I believe that was the intention of them being able to build them... at least I hope that's why they did it. I designed and built it for safety reasons not performance. I will get ahold of Les and find out the skinny when I can.

dblacks
07-12-2007, 10:51 AM
anyone have a few more pictures or tips to add to Brads instructions?

thanks

mudracer89
11-29-2011, 11:36 AM
im looking for rear brake for it i wont to get the Rear Disc, Foot Brake on it let me know what you got ad some pic if you got some how it mounts thanks scott