PDA

View Full Version : New Predator 500 owner

EBT531
06-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Just bought a 05 Predator 500. Anything I should know? Known issues? Items to check?

blasterboy16
06-07-2007, 10:03 AM
i have an 04 and they are great trail ridding machine but the most important thing is maintance on the front ends ive been racing mine in the WNYOA series for 2 years now and ive had to replace the ball joints twice and tie rod ends prolly 4 times but the motors r really bullet proof the only problem was seeing how im young and stupid i didnt have the money for a valve job so i tried to just take the shims out and it blew up and ruined the head costing me about 2 grand but if you take good care of it then you wont have any major problems

blasterboy16
06-07-2007, 10:03 AM
i have an 04 and they are great trail ridding machine but the most important thing is maintance on the front ends ive been racing mine in the WNYOA series for 2 years now and ive had to replace the ball joints twice and tie rod ends prolly 4 times but the motors r really bullet proof the only problem was seeing how im young and stupid i didnt have the money for a valve job so i tried to just take the shims out and it blew up and ruined the head costing me about 2 grand but if you take good care of it then you wont have any major problems