PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Mo

BluBeaSSt
06-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Anyone know of anywhere to ride around here? At least ride LEAGLY, been kicked out of places before

mod440ex
06-14-2007, 07:22 AM
about the closest good place is finger lakes or chadwick. i do know there are some places in ks, but i havent ridden there so i dont know what it is like.

BluBeaSSt
06-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by mod440ex
about the closest good place is finger lakes or chadwick. i do know there are some places in ks, but i havent ridden there so i dont know what it is like.

Ive heard bad things about Finger lake, but i heard chadwick was nice.

backyardbuilt
06-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Theres deepwater (cooper creek) in missouri just outside of clinton 2 hour drive from kc we were just there nice place to ride I loved it and am going back for sure and there is perry lake in kansas about a hour 45min from kc its fun a little rutted up and lots of woods and hill climbs there is another kansas place in drexel we may check it out this next weekend if it turns out cool its closer maybe an hour or so from kc

mod440ex
06-15-2007, 10:15 PM
there is no real challenge at deepwater and they closed down a bunch of it. i havent went there since it got closed, but my buddy said it was boring. deep water kinda sux because you have to have a flag, which is dumb because 10 min into the woods you will snap it off. thats what happened to us at st joe state park. if i was you i would plan a weekend trip to chadwick, plus i have heard that they just opened their shower houses:D

BluBeaSSt
06-15-2007, 11:09 PM
What about 470 and Raytown Rd? Down by longview....wonder who owns all that

IMSROLL450R
06-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Im still lookin too let me know if anyone finds a place. We went to perry a couple times but its pretty rough on a race bike.

mod440ex
06-16-2007, 11:41 PM
i know that finger lakes has an mx track, also grain valley out by blue springs has an mx, and also i70 speedway just put in a new one.

yamahonda
06-17-2007, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by R_Hoaglin2
What about 470 and Raytown Rd? Down by longview....wonder who owns all that ihad to do some work in a guys backyard that butts up them trails there on 470 and iasked bout riding there he said ppl used to park in his gravel drive and ride there till they starting giving tickets so i guess you cant ride there now its owned by the state and they will fine you and maybe even take your ride if you get caught .. wish they would just let ppl ride there if its state property this is just what i heard ....

BluBeaSSt
06-17-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by yamahonda
ihad to do some work in a guys backyard that butts up them trails there on 470 and iasked bout riding there he said ppl used to park in his gravel drive and ride there till they starting giving tickets so i guess you cant ride there now its owned by the state and they will fine you and maybe even take your ride if you get caught .. wish they would just let ppl ride there if its state property this is just what i heard ....

Yeah, or at least make ya pay a bit (ya know the states all about making money). But then youd have alot of idioits out there, and that kills it for me.

IMSROLL450R
06-17-2007, 10:45 AM
i know that finger lakes has an mx track, also grain valley out by blue springs has an mx, and also i70 speedway just put in a new one.

theres a new track at the speedway???????? how long has it been there? also where is blue springs? like how far from KC kansas?

yamahonda
06-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by IMSROLL450R
theres a new track at the speedway???????? how long has it been there? also where is blue springs? like how far from KC kansas? my brother just moved to blue springs.. he said it is 35 miles from olathe cus he works in olathe.. anyways he said he seen the track and stuff and was gonna see what it takes to ride there and stuff... blue springs is off i70 just east of royals stadium..

BluBeaSSt
06-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by yamahonda
my brother just moved to blue springs.. he said it is 35 miles from olathe cus he works in olathe.. anyways he said he seen the track and stuff and was gonna see what it takes to ride there and stuff... blue springs is off i70 just east of royals stadium..

yeah but I 70 is about 15 miles away from BS, ive heard there are dirt Drags down in Oak Grove, but ive also heard there for Dirtbikes only?

mod440ex
06-17-2007, 12:42 PM
if you take 291 to like 7 highway i think. they have sand drags also and i know you can race 4wheelers there and i m pretty sure you can race quads on the track, i think they have a big missouri mx race there. the track at i70 was built last year i think, you can go to their web site i70speedway.com.

yamahonda
06-17-2007, 12:55 PM
if you take 291 to like 7 highway i think. they have sand drags also and i know you can race 4wheelers there and i m pretty sure you can race quads on the track, i think they have a big missouri mx race there. the track at i70 was built last year i think, you can go to their web site i70speedway.com. its i70speedway.net.. i didnt see anything for atvs racing or riding... looks like its for cars and karts...

IMSROLL450R
06-17-2007, 07:57 PM
that sucks I hate it up here there really isnt hardly anywhere to ride thats halfway close.

mod440ex
06-18-2007, 01:27 PM
maybe u could call them because i know they have a track, its behind the asphalt track.

IMSROLL450R
06-18-2007, 07:43 PM
its an actual MX track????????? is there any trails or anything?

mod440ex
06-19-2007, 07:07 AM
no sorry man, the closest thing with any good trails, in my opinion, is chadwick or finger lakes. unless you can find someone who has some land and willing to let you ride

RobbRacer
06-19-2007, 02:46 PM
i have been having a hell of a time trying to find some where for mx. i looked at grain valleys website and they didnt say anything about quads. if anyone knows were to find a schedule of races or something i would really appreciate it. i was wondering about kansas cause its pretty close.

IMSROLL450R
06-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by RobbRacer
i have been having a hell of a time trying to find some where for mx. i looked at grain valleys website and they didnt say anything about quads. if anyone knows were to find a schedule of races or something i would really appreciate it. i was wondering about kansas cause its pretty close.

Timberrun MX is down 71. I like that track.

huntrjc
06-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Something should have fell thru for the place up by KCI airport and tiffany springs. I spoke with a lady from Parks and Rec from the City of KC and she stated they had some legal issues to take care of in Jefferson City and it should be moving forward for some legal riding to take place. I will call and get the scoop for everyone!!

IMSROLL450R
06-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by huntrjc
Something should have fell thru for the place up by KCI airport and tiffany springs. I spoke with a lady from Parks and Rec from the City of KC and she stated they had some legal issues to take care of in Jefferson City and it should be moving forward for some legal riding to take place. I will call and get the scoop for everyone!!

do that and for sure let me know.

BluBeaSSt
06-22-2007, 09:35 PM
no sorry man, the closest thing with any good trails, in my opinion, is chadwick or finger lakes. unless you can find someone who has some land and willing to let you ride

Thats what we do now

yamahonda
06-22-2007, 09:38 PM
ya kansas sucks for riding areas..., only good thing latly is a new sand park like waynoka opening in syracuse ks... but its a 7 hr drive so i just prolly go to waynoka for dunes.. guess what im saying is kansas needs more riding areas...

milburn
06-23-2007, 01:30 AM
you don"t need a flag at deepwater and its a pretty cool place to ride.

mod440ex
06-23-2007, 04:32 PM
i have not been to deep water since they closed some of it. i know they used to let you ride around the lake shore, but that has all been closed. that was the funnest part imo. i guess if you like mudding it would be alright, but if your a sport bike guy it sux

backyardbuilt
06-24-2007, 05:52 PM
deepwater opened up 300 acres on the back side of the lake that has alot of open areas now for some speed riding and not much mud in that area, compared to perry its great out there!!

IMSROLL450R
06-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by backyardbuilt
deepwater opened up 300 acres on the back side of the lake that has alot of open areas now for some speed riding and not much mud in that area, compared to perry its great out there!!

did you all got down there this weekend?????

backyardbuilt
06-25-2007, 04:49 PM
it was a couple weekends ago noone called me this weekend to go to that midwest extreme park, my buddy is having his 4th party this weekend so probably no riding then either! Next time we head out I'll call you though!!

huntrjc
06-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Well i spoke with the director of parks and rec of the City of KC. He gave me the bad news for now on the riding park they were trying to get going. He stated that it looked like another 2-3 months for an official yes or no!...The surrounding ppl are concerned of increased traffic and of vehicles and impact of the atv's. He wants to go around and talk with ppl and try educate them of a OHV area. He is having trouble keeping mtn bikes, horse back riders,,,walkers and atv guys all happy. So this is where it stands for now,,,i'll keep everyone posted if something breaks thru......:ermm:

backyardbuilt
06-26-2007, 05:01 PM
You can also go to this site (www.kcorr.com) and look up tiffany springs, they have been working on this for a long time they want to put trucks and atv's in like a 100 acre area and the trucks have more people supporting them than us atv's so they will probably get the most out of it!!

huntrjc
06-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Has anyone heard of Prairie lake over by atchison Ks? I heard its consevation land that allows atv's,,,buts thats just what i heard and i was skeptical of atv's being allowed to ride on conservation ground, but iam not familiar with Ks rules and regulations:confused:

450rJam
06-29-2007, 06:45 AM
the atchison area I looked up said atv and horses where prohibited, (just hike and bike)

IMSROLL450R
06-29-2007, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by 450rJam
the atchison area I looked up said atv and horses where prohibited, (just hike and bike)

Did you cancel all the family ridin this weekend??????? Damn its wet out there!!!!!!!!

450rJam
06-29-2007, 09:17 AM
this just sucks.........

its raining everywhere, not just rain but floods too.

waynoka/st.joe/deep water/columbia/chadwick/manhattan
everywhere I can think of that is within 6 to 8 hours is pretty much rained out.
(I toyed with the idea of silver lake dunes too but its supost to rain there also)
checked into nebraska riding ...........I have pretty much exhausted all my resources.

riding is all but ruled out, right now im thinking about taking the kids to the omaha zoo or something. (already took off work and have the coolers packed)

huntrjc
06-29-2007, 02:59 PM
How far are you guys from st joseph missouri? I am 20 miles north of atchison KS if this helps. Some friends and I have memberships to a private riding area over here, its $180 a year,,all woods good XC riding. There possibly are a couple more memberships opened if interested. If someone is close enough they can ride on my membership with us,,iam allowed to take two ppl a year, just to see if someone close is interested,,its never really crowded,,he allows around 50 ppl a year. The place to call for a membership or availability is 816-232-5322

IMSROLL450R
06-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Dang I would be willing to drive that far to ride thats not too far at all. What are the trails like and how big are they I would buy a couple for me and my girlfriend. Let me know what the trails are like!!!!!

backyardbuilt
06-29-2007, 04:23 PM
I just ordered pontoons and a propeller see if I can make a jet ski/4 wheeler for times like this!!!! LOL

huntrjc
06-29-2007, 07:05 PM
The trails are nice. Iam not sure if you like XC riding or not,,but if you do this place is pretty sweet. Lots of climbs, its in the old missouri river bluffs, so its all that soft soil (no rocks), but there are tree roots and ruts to a certain extent. My girlfriend rides it but she stays on the main trails. There are quite a few more advanced trails. There is nothing flat in there basically. I believe its around 170 acres maybe and he just bought another 50 that connects to it. The guy that owns it is super cool and maintains the trails as in tree's that fall across and some ruts due to heavy rains. Let me know,, u can come up and ride with me and my buddy.

450rJam
07-01-2007, 02:38 PM
went to st.joe state park after all................

the sand isnt like sand, its like AB3 (turns to concrete when wet)
someone brought paddle tires (pics on the net looked like loose fluffy stuff)
the trails where cool but I pretty much cashed a set of paddles.

the camp sites where way too nice, clean showers, level tent pads in all the sites and the sites where not crowded together at all.
I will go back this fall with dirt tires and have more fun.

I have a few pics I will post later

bigb426ex
07-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by huntrjc
How far are you guys from st joseph missouri? I am 20 miles north of atchison KS if this helps. Some friends and I have memberships to a private riding area over here, its $180 a year,,all woods good XC riding. There possibly are a couple more memberships opened if interested. If someone is close enough they can ride on my membership with us,,iam allowed to take two ppl a year, just to see if someone close is interested,,its never really crowded,,he allows around 50 ppl a year. The place to call for a membership or availability is 816-232-5322

I'd be interested in riding with you at St. Joseph. I live in Holt, MO which is about 8 miles north of Kearney, MO. I am about an hour away from St. Joseph. I XC race in the Missouri and Iowa Series and never have a place to ride around me. Just shoot me a PM when you have a chance.
Thanks,

backyardbuilt
07-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Hoping to make it out to the midwest extreme park to check out there trails on sunday so far just me, everyone has been so busy lately, plus I hust got my start switch back together after the dog ate it!

mod440ex
07-21-2007, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by backyardbuilt
Hoping to make it out to the midwest extreme park to check out there trails on sunday so far just me, everyone has been so busy lately, plus I hust got my start switch back together after the dog ate it!

where is that at? what all do they have to ride on?

backyardbuilt
07-21-2007, 08:45 PM
midwestextremepark.com (http://midwestextremepark.com)
Here is there site has directions and phone #'s looks like a dirt bike track but says they have trails so I'm gonna ride out and check it out! My buddy lives near there so it won't be a wasted trip!

mod440ex
07-21-2007, 09:15 PM
do they allow atvs on the track, all i seen was bikes. let me know what its like about an 1.5hr from me so it maybe worth it to check out

backyardbuilt
07-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Not sure thats why I want to go check it out, tried calling once but did'nt get anyone. I'm only an hour maybe a little more from there with friends within 10 min.

mod440ex
07-22-2007, 02:09 PM
cool, let me know how it is

IMSROLL450R
07-31-2007, 01:37 PM
I still have yet to find a decent place to ride up here!!!!!!!!!!!

mod440ex
08-01-2007, 01:42 PM
if you are looking for mx only moberly has a great track long landing and no big lips on the jumps

IMSROLL450R
08-01-2007, 02:14 PM
whats the name of the track at moberly???????? Im very interested!!!!!!!!!! Have you rode it?

mod440ex
08-01-2007, 02:41 PM
here is a link (http://www.hlrmotorsports.net/hlr/)

i have not ridden there, i have went and watched a race.

IMSROLL450R
08-01-2007, 02:50 PM
here is a link (http://www.hlrmotorsports.net/hlr/)

i have not ridden there, i have went and watched a race.

Thats a good 3 hour drive for me so who knows when I can make it out there. I finally got all the long travel and Hipers on my bike so I want to give some more tracks a shot. Also putting in a 14:1 Venom this weekend.

mod440ex
08-01-2007, 03:03 PM
go to google and type in a search for missouri mx series and they should list all the tracks around. there used to be a really nice one up at hamilton mo, but it got shut down.

TRX450R_SandPLR
03-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Im in lone jack and the only place i get ride anymore is little sahara in oklahoma and its a 6hr drive. Sucks though because i only get to go like twice a year. If anybody has land andstuff maybe we could start more of a KC area riding club if we can all find a place.

yamahonda
03-30-2009, 10:16 PM
there is a newer club already started its called mokanriders.com come and join the site..

cmmick
04-01-2009, 01:00 PM
There's an MX65 off 65 hwy south of Sedalia, Mo - take 50 hwy to 65 hwy.

The I70 track is for TT racing. You can contact H&H Extreme in Oak Grove for information.

Tooth and Nail -TT racing

OXC - XC racing

IATVHSS - XC racing

Just a couple of ideas for ya.