PDA

View Full Version : 400ex hoods

NPelletier
06-06-2007, 07:07 PM
hey guys i was wonderin which hood i shold get for my 06 400ex
send pics of hood u have so i have a good idea what is out their thanks for the info

eliasxr400
06-07-2007, 04:43 PM
I put on the on in your pic. I think it looks great. The reason I put it on is cause the light on 05' and newer EX's block the oil cooler. Im looking now into a different light set up. It bolted right up to the push holes up top. Down the bottom I have it zip tied to the light mount but am going to make a bracket.

eliasxr400
06-07-2007, 04:44 PM
An other one to show the idiot lights. I am also going to put black bolts in when I have time.

buster024
06-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Not to knock on your bike (please don't take offense) but wouldn't it have been a little cleaner to get a nice bar clamp (they're like $35) that had the keyhole & dummy light holes in it, instead of burning holes in your plastics?
Like I said, no offense or anything, but it would seem like a cleaner install. I do like your hood though. I'm tempted to drop one on mine.

eliasxr400
06-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by buster024
Not to knock on your bike (please don't take offense) but wouldn't it have been a little cleaner to get a nice bar clamp (they're like $35) that had the keyhole & dummy light holes in it, instead of burning holes in your plastics?
Like I said, no offense or anything, but it would seem like a cleaner install. I do like your hood though. I'm tempted to drop one on mine.
No offense at all. I don't use the lights so I wanted to do something a little different. I put the key in the fender to match the reverse switch on the other side (pic) . i am also still playing with the bar hight. I havent decided how high I like them yet. I didnit want to get a plus 2" stem and not like it, so I am working with $20 risers to I get my desired hight.

400ex_rider13
06-08-2007, 06:41 PM
this is one of my favourite 400ex's and i love the hood