PDA

View Full Version : 400ex mods

05yellow400EXJV
06-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Okay I have a 2005 400ex with a HMF sport series slipon. what other mods should I get. I dont want to race just keep up with the 450's. Should I get a big bore kit. I would like to get the 416 big bore kit but I really have no idea what to look for. Could someone please tell me all the things I will need to get to make that big bore kit work the best and also where I could find them.
Sorry for all the question but any help will be appreciated. one more thing.. When you get a big bore kit should you use a different carburator like the edlebrock?

1965 honda
06-06-2007, 07:41 PM
big bore, cam ,450 carb,air filter, cdi box, bigger oil cooler, 14 tooth sprocket (contriversial), proper jetting

casey_lamm
06-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Im following this as well, im looking for the same type of thing for mine, how much would that stuff run you...if you were limited on budget whats the best bang for the buck.

Originally posted by 05yellow400EXJV
Okay I have a 2005 400ex with a HMF sport series slipon. what other mods should I get. I dont want to race just keep up with the 450's. Should I get a big bore kit. I would like to get the 416 big bore kit but I really have no idea what to look for. Could someone please tell me all the things I will need to get to make that big bore kit work the best and also where I could find them.
Sorry for all the question but any help will be appreciated. one more thing.. When you get a big bore kit should you use a different carburator like the edlebrock?

drag93ex
06-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by casey_lamm
Im following this as well, im looking for the same type of thing for mine, how much would that stuff run you...if you were limited on budget whats the best bang for the buck.

best would prolly be big bore kit. to run with the 450s, you definately need the power. 450 carb is a great step up to with the correct jetting.