PDA

View Full Version : Break in service

BluBeaSSt
06-06-2007, 05:16 PM
I know the dealership tells you they strongly "reconmened" that you take it to them for at least your break in service, did anyone do this? I don’t see spending the 150 bucks when I can relash the valves and change the oil myself.

firefighterjosh
06-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Do it otherwise they will screw you on the warranty

440exnacsracer
06-11-2007, 11:31 PM
its always good to let technicians that see the bikes everyday check them out. they will pick up on things that you are likely not to or know about. but if you decide not to, it does not void your warranty in any way, unless it is a direct result of your wrongdoing (not enough oil, etc..)

BluBeaSSt
06-12-2007, 06:19 AM
I look at it this way, all there gonna do is change the oil and adjust the valves.... 160 bucks can kiss my *** for all that, and since the warrenty is only 6 month...what could go wrong within those 6 months? and like some other guys told me "If you bring it in anyways there just gonna say its abuse"

Besides its not like i havent turned a wrnech or two :D

440exnacsracer
06-12-2007, 08:30 AM
well if thats all your dealer is doing, then no, it isnt worth it, and "abuse" isnt a valid answer from your dealer to void a warranty claim. basically the only way you can void your warranty is neglect to servicing it or crashing it. Honda is very leaniant (sp?) on their warranty procedure.

BluBeaSSt
06-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
well if thats all your dealer is doing, then no, it isnt worth it, and "abuse" isnt a valid answer from your dealer to void a warranty claim. basically the only way you can void your warranty is neglect to servicing it or crashing it. Honda is very leaniant (sp?) on their warranty procedure.

They Voided my cusin because of Abuse :confused:

440exnacsracer
06-12-2007, 10:25 PM
if he feels it is a valid claim, he could call honda directly. ive heard of some dealers making excuses such as that because they dont want to do the paperwork basically. what did he feel should be warrantied?

BluBeaSSt
06-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
if he feels it is a valid claim, he could call honda directly. ive heard of some dealers making excuses such as that because they dont want to do the paperwork basically. what did he feel should be warrantied?

Dont recall now, that was in 2002...and he even raced for that dealership