PDA

View Full Version : Round 6: Toutle, WA

adrenalinefreak
06-06-2007, 05:12 PM
I thought I would share with whoever wants to know that I will not be at the next round and I am really bummed about it!

My Kawi is still not fixed and it's been a huge ordeal! We checked sensors, butterfly valves, TPS, Idle speed. The latest is we are replacing the throttle body (which is backordered til July 8th) and then the next step is the ECM or ECU (computer) but since the throttle body is backordered we are going to go ahead and replace the computer and I am praying that is the problem so I can get back on it!!

I really wanted to make the whole series but right now the plane tickets to Washington are expensive and I don't have the cash up front and the team (DATS) is planning on taking their time getting there and getting back so I don't want to miss too much work! WOuld be gone a week if I rode up with them...

so yea...there's my sad story :( :)

Good luck to everyone!!! Have Fun and kick butt!

Donna

LilQJ
06-11-2007, 11:12 AM
That sucks Donna :( WE will miss you !!
If you could swing the trip up, I bet my parents would lend you a quad!:blah:

so is everyone ready for the next round? I wonder how the turnout will be??
I am sure the Wash. riders will be in full force!:macho

CannondaleRider
06-12-2007, 02:14 AM
Sucks that you won't be able to make it Donna.

As for me, my sister and I are leaving in about 14 hours...........see everybody at Riverdale.

Everybody drive safe.

CrackerboyLV
06-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Sorry to hear you couldn't make it. You missed a good one.

adrenalinefreak
06-22-2007, 10:31 AM
YOu and me both crackerboy!!

I heard it was nice weather and perfect conditions....although those trees are pretty solid.... : )

I wish I could have been there.

My Kawi is still down. Its been a slow process and I am just ready for it to be done.

I am racing the 400ex at Glen Helen this weekend for ITP QuadCross (I think round 5). Can't wait.

As far as the Kawi goes...they tore the top end apart and found that the intake buckets were rough and that the cylinder looked used...new piston used cylinder, don't ask...?

We'll see, now Kawasaki wants pictures of the bike.

Wish me luck, first time at Glen Helen : )

QUADROOKIE
06-22-2007, 11:23 AM
I was checking out the coverage section for your series and it looks like a blast! How does the race format go? 2 hours? 2 motos? etc.? Also is there any races near the central valley in Cali? Like near Bakersfield? I would like to try to coordinate a race into a visit to family in Visalia Ca maybe next year. Thank!

CannondaleRider
06-22-2007, 12:15 PM
The format is all based on classes.

There are a huge amount of different classes, that are all spread out over the two days. The length of the race is also different for different classes.

For example, Race 3 starts at 10:10 on Saturday, and involves Pro Production, Production A, Stock A, Production B, and Stock B.......they race for an hour....meaning the checkered flag comes out at the hour mark. It's a gran prix setup, with no white flag. Production A, Stock A, and Open A are all qualifying classes for the Pro-Am.

The Pro-Am runs for 90 minutes, with the exception of the Pismo Beach round, which is 2 hours of hell, lol. Pro-Ams get a white flag(with some exceptions)

Check out the flyer from last weekends race for classes FLYER (http://atv.worcsracing.com/docs/flyers_2004/rnd6_flyer.pdf)

As for the CA races, this year we had a race in Victorville, and a race in Los Olivos........We also have rounds in Pismo Beach and Taft, later this year. Next years schedule will probably be somewhat similiar.

QUADROOKIE
06-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Cool. So am I safe to assume that the majority of the tracks are more of a desert/MX type of track? I race XC here in Iowa and never really cared much for MX, but would like to try a Worcs race if I can swing it. Thanks for the info!

CrackerboyLV
06-22-2007, 02:56 PM
...new piston used cylinder, don't ask...?

I'm assuming you didn't get it (your new bike) from Carter.
I use Tom over at Sam's cycle on Rancho for a lot of my parts. You might want to take it over for a second opinion. He is very good and will tell you what he thinks with no BS.

I popped my motor during practice and ended up racing Julies new TRX450. She was a little upset when I crashed it (her new bike), before she had a chance to race it. But to make up for it, I crashed it again on Sunday, after she raced it. The track was a lot narrower than I was used to, but a lot of fun. Imagine Victorville with a wall of trees on both sides, five feet apart.

Good luck in Glen Helen! I know that 400 still has a few races left in it...

adrenalinefreak
06-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Carter is great! It's just a process because its all being done under warranty and everything has to be pre-authorized by Kawi before we can do anything!

A lot of the things like specs they print in the service manual are off so can't go by that...

Sam's Cycle is cool! I know Sammy....great guy!

Everything is ready on the 400 for tomorrow!

That sucks about crashing her bike before you got to race it...I would be upset as well...lol...that was cool to make up for it on Sunday : )

CrackerboyLV
06-22-2007, 07:40 PM
She still got to race it. We bent the bumper out so she could ride. It just wasn't "new" anymore.:rolleyes:

I'm glad to hear they are taking care of you. Hopefully you'll be back on it soon...