PDA

View Full Version : I have it on good authority that ktm and polaris have split

motohed
06-06-2007, 04:30 PM
I have a couple of friends that work for ktm, and do testing for the advisory board ,for ktm . They have both said ktm will no longer supply the ktm engine for the outlaws. They also said that ktm will produce thier own atvs in 08 . I personally hope this is not true . But I have no reason not to believe them, as I have had the heads up on these changes for sometime . They say, the deal is a solid axle version with the old motor style we have . There is a completely new engine for 08 motorcycles .:ermm:

06300ex
06-06-2007, 04:58 PM
At least polaris got one good motor out of 'em. Glad i got mine...love the rear irs, and the power

motohed
06-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Yea me too. I told my buds the irs is great . But ktm is not buying into it.

LT250_JOE
06-06-2007, 05:43 PM
MAYBE WE WILL NOW OWN THE "HEMI CUDA" OF QUADS!!!

I'M PUTTING MINE ON E-BAY FOR $50,000. NUMBERS MATCHING ALL ORIGINAL WITH ORIGINAL BILL OF SALE

:D :D :D :D

GE4x4
06-06-2007, 05:57 PM
I'll believe it when it happens. I read awhile back that Polaris had a long term contract on there KTM engines. Now for 08 there useing both the 525 and 450. If this was going to be there last year, I don't think they would bring out the 450, then change it again next year. Yes, the new 08 bikes have new engines, but even KTM's new quad still has the old one. And from what I've learned in the past, most workers don't know the whole story.

motohed
06-06-2007, 06:45 PM
The skinny was that polaris, and ktm were supose to develope a quad together, but ktm wasn't happy with what polaris was coming up with,and how they were handling early production problems. Ktm has had units in austria now for a couple of years .True ktm will use the older style engines for their quads .Personally i am not pleased about the new engine for the enduro bikes ,they have had some issues with that new engine design .I am not at liberty to say but trust, that I know about them . For what its worth i hope that polaris can hold on to the ktm engine .I personally like the irs suspession. Time will tell but i am glad i got mine.

and1baller
06-07-2007, 09:20 AM
do you gues think the outlaw 525 will still be out in early agaust to mid agaust, the reason is im 16 years old and i was planning to buy it with my summer STATE HIGHWAY JOB

(Please tell me yes or im going to die, if i have to buy a honda, yamaha, suzki, can-am, i ont the outlaw 525 so bad)

TYLER329
06-07-2007, 11:28 AM
There is a five year contract with KTM to supply engines. After that they can opt out.

mike gp
06-07-2007, 12:47 PM
I have noticed that the fuji division also makes subaru cars. I have seen in a magazine that subaru is supplying an engine for a quad in china. the size is 450. I thought I would thruogh that out there.??

and1baller
06-07-2007, 02:24 PM
so no matter what KTM cant leave polaris until the 5-year contracts is up?
(so by the looks of it the outlaw 525 now and the new one in july will still be avalible for atleast 1 more year, so thats good because i'll be makeing $8.59 an hour and i work 4/10 weeks, so i'll have enough time before they quit out, them basterds)

still keep telling me more info on whats happening between them and whats going to the final agreement "THANKS"

CHADHIX
06-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Come on guys! Polaris does still own a small piece of KTM's stock. The engines are not going anywhere.

motohed
06-08-2007, 05:26 PM
chadhix
You have a valid point ,that share hold maybe the savoir of the ktm engine, but I was under the impression that ktm bought into polaris.

GE4x4
06-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Polaris still holds 5% of KTM shares. They sold back 20%.

motohed
06-08-2007, 05:47 PM
I would guess that is why ktm is pulling out of the polaris line .When I got the information there was no time line ,as to when it was all to take place .

OzLinc
06-09-2007, 04:51 AM
This post is totally bogus....across the world KTM dealerships are recieving Ploaris ATV's & Snowmobiles........

And I bet all accross the USA, Polaris dealerships are gearing up for KTM bikes.......this is what the whole deal was about in the first place.

Linc

525 Outlaw Dude
06-10-2007, 01:49 AM
i have a polaris/arctic-cat quad dealer near my house and they have about 5 KTM bike there, half of the shop is polaris and the other is Arctic-cat and does anybody no what the upgrades on the new july outlaw 525 will be

motohed
06-10-2007, 08:02 AM
I can tell you that this post is definately not bogus .Yes ktm has to supply engines only, of the old style to polaris for five years.Ktm bought back 20 of the 25 % of their shares ,hence the 5 year deal . Polaris will not be ktm dealers . Ktm will have no polaris products . Ktm will also use the old style engine in their production quads for 08 at least. ktm motorcycles will have a complete new engine desigh. I have been trying to get all the facts strait . I do have good inside information as i have in the past worked with a number of people in the r&d department when I was younger and know many people high up in ktm. I still have contacts and ride with several, and still would be ,if not for a savere accident in 2003 . I was snowmobiling in maine and was in a head on colision with a four wheel drive pickup on the snowmobile trail .The driver of the was drunk.

GE4x4
06-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Do you know any good KTM dealers? The 3 up here in NH are not the greatest, epecially the one in Concord.

motohed
06-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Hi GE4x4
Actually I do razee motorcycle center in North Kingstown ,RI you can talk to Peter Tanner or my good Friend Jeff Gott . The telephone number is . 401-295-8837 .You can tell them Scott Thompson sent you . They Have great prices and good service. The other place i know is http://www.cliffscycles.com/ .These guys are great to. Also check out travis 37d ktmtalk.com for service info this guy is amazing and cheap. Check this link for valve adjustments he takes newbies through it step by step.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWS9RuEQzc8
Hope this helps all ,and your right about NH dealers I called all three about an 07 exc, there prices are out of sight by a grand !:mad:

GE4x4
06-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by motohed
Hi GE4x4
Actually I do razee motorcycle center in North Kingstown ,RI you can talk to Peter Tanner or my good Friend Jeff Gott . The telephone number is . 401-295-8837 .You can tell them Scott Thompson sent you . They Have great prices and good service. The other place i know is http://www.cliffscycles.com/ .These guys are great to. Also check out travis 37d ktmtalk.com for service info this guy is amazing and cheap. Check this link for valve adjustments he takes newbies through it step by step.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWS9RuEQzc8
Hope this helps all ,and your right about NH dealers I called all three about an 07 exc, there prices are out of sight by a grand !:mad:

Thanks a lot Scott, I will give a call. Just seeing what kind of prices there looking at for the 525 quad, and when they think they will be out.

OzLinc
06-10-2007, 06:59 PM
I stand by my statment......you or your friend are full of it.

All of this info is public and listed on many investor sites around the world.......But hey your friend says this so it's true.......

"he's a big wig at Butplug KTM, they are the 5th biggest dealer in Delaware"................ohhhhhhhh then he should know right. Use your own brain; if you were Polaris would you sign an engine supply deal that was never ending.

The KTM dealership down the road from me has just installed a 40' Ploaris sign..........they have recieved Polaris ATV's and UTE's for sale.

525 Outlaw Dude has just stated his Polaris dealer now has 5 KTM's on the floor.......

YOU DONT KNOW.........YOU ONLY THINK YOU KNOW. SHUT UP.

Linc

motohed
06-11-2007, 06:04 AM
I guess thats the difference between australia and the usa ,as for shut up never . you would need to be a whole lot deeper in the industry in stead of under it .