PDA

View Full Version : itp gncc tire for the desert?

juanki
06-06-2007, 03:50 PM
i'm thinking on getting this front tires (gncc) because i like the thread design, but dont know how it will perform in desert like terrain.

how dou you think it will hold for this type of roads?

thankx

04TRX400EX
06-06-2007, 04:22 PM
They should work well. My buddy runs them front/rear on his LTR and likes them a lot. I've ridden it as well and they feel good. The only reason I ended up going with Kenda Klaw XC's over the ITP GNCC's is because, unless your seriously racing, the softer compound of the ITP means it will wear out faster on hard/rocky desert-type terrain. I don't like buying tires any more than I have to. They are good looking though.

juanki
06-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by 04TRX400EX
They should work well. My buddy runs them front/rear on his LTR and likes them a lot. I've ridden it as well and they feel good. The only reason I ended up going with Kenda Klaw XC's over the ITP GNCC's is because, unless your seriously racing, the softer compound of the ITP means it will wear out faster on hard/rocky desert-type terrain. I don't like buying tires any more than I have to. They are good looking though.

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN

the thing is that i ride also in the dunes and in other post i asked for a front xc tire that will work well in the sand, and i liked the design of the gncc for this dual porpuse.

but now i'm debating on getting this, gncc on 22, or get the kenda klaw 22. but i dont think that the front klaw will work good on the sand, but i dont know....

has any one tried front klaws on the sand?

AbnMP13
06-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah, they push real bad. The trails I ride are real sandy and I'm not happy with them personally.

Originally posted by juanki
but now i'm debating on getting this, gncc on 22, or get the kenda klaw 22. but i dont think that the front klaw will work good on the sand, but i dont know....

has any one tried front klaws on the sand?