PDA

View Full Version : what do u think of a +2 gytr axle?

rubnmenon
06-06-2007, 12:30 PM
i boght a gytr +2 axle for my raptor 660 so it will be 4 inches widther, should i install widther hubs or are 4 inches width enough? i want to race it

MadDog56
06-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Yamaha doesn't make axles for their atvs, you must be mistaken about the brand of your axle.

Most aftermarket axles are adjustable and have a maximum additional width of +4. If it's a +2 axle it would only be 2 inches wider. But if it is an adjustable axle you can move the axle spacers to put the spacing out to +4 which would be 4 inches wider.

A +4 rear and +2 a-arms are the most common aftermarket width for raptors. If you're going to race I wouldn't suggest any wheel spacers at all.

rubnmenon
06-20-2007, 09:10 AM
i checked it and i was wrong, its a durablue +2 on each side so total its 4 inches wider, is that enogh or should i put 1inches wheel spacer on each side, and +2 a-arms in the front

MadDog56
06-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Axles are usually listed as total width increase, so yes a +4 (+2 on each side) will be plenty, you shouldn't need wheel spacers.

The axle will put you near 49 inches wide.

blasterandy
06-27-2007, 03:08 PM
wheel spacers imo arn't worth the metal there made from. Y spend 70-80$ on something when you could get a better peice of equipment for 200$ I mean it is a drastic price increase but they put increased leverage on the axle so you may end up breaking it and buying another one. Think of it this way when you build something you build it to with stand a limited amount of force put on it at semi-certain angle. With wheel spacers on the rear axle you increase leverage therefore increasing force on that angle and will wear the part out pre-me.

rubnmenon
06-27-2007, 03:10 PM
yeah i better wount install wheel spacers, i till dont get my burablue axle and i bend the stock one and hurt my foot but once my burablue axle is here in ready to race