PDA

View Full Version : Rnd. 5 Glen Helen, Whos going?

esr250r86
06-06-2007, 11:47 AM
I was just wondering whos going to be at the round 5 of the itp quadcross at Glen Helen. I am planning on making it there but my funds are a little short but most likely I will be there.

castone001
06-06-2007, 01:37 PM
We will be there.
Daughter races in the Blaster class on a 300ex #948
Son races in the 265-450 Beginners #949

See ya there!

esr250r86
06-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Cool! Anyone else?

Dennisr
06-06-2007, 04:11 PM
We will be there to. My daughter will be racing in the blaster class with her 90 mod and womens beginer on her TRX450. My son will be racing on his Robbs Trx 90.
I also heard that it was going to be a night race, should be fun.

esr250r86
06-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Night race? I know that it is on a Saturday but I dont think it is at night. The only race they have at night is the one at speedworld in september. Can anyone clear this up?

esr250r86
06-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Does anyone know the practice schedule? Like date and times?

esr250r86
06-08-2007, 12:56 PM
I called Glen Helen up and they have practice on thursday but not friday. The race is also not a night race but a morning race.

riding4fun
06-10-2007, 01:15 PM
We are. I have 2 first time racers entering. One in the 50 stock class and one in the 90 stock class.

Kids are a little nervous, not as much as Dad though. Don't know what to expect.

Hope to meet some of you there.

esr250r86
06-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Its a really cool race,everyones pretty nice until it gets down to the race!lol. Hope to see you there. I will be on a black Trx450r #38 so stop by and say hi.

riding4fun
06-10-2007, 05:02 PM
esr,

Thanks for the info.
We will stop by and say Hi.

lguizar12
06-13-2007, 02:02 PM
ill be there in the 265-450 beg class #12

esr250r86
06-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Lguizar, I saw you at the itp quadcross at acp. howd you do? My friend might race the same class as you or novice, I dont know yet though. Its almost here, hopefully it will be awesome and a good turnout of racers. Ill be there for sure.

395Rider
06-13-2007, 11:28 PM
I cant wait! two more weeks! I'm freaking there! This time, I'm not running the 20 year old shocks! I got some floats and a rebuilt stock rear shock! Its go time!

esr250r86
06-14-2007, 11:56 PM
Cool,hey 395rider, where did you buy your trx250r from? It looks like one I sold about half a year ago and I sold it to somebody in california. I am from Yuma, Arizona.

esr250r86
06-16-2007, 11:44 PM
Anyone else going? Is anybody going to be at practice on thursday? I am going to be there.

riding4fun
06-17-2007, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by esr250r86
Anyone else going? Is anybody going to be at practice on thursday? I am going to be there.

Is the practice a quad only practice or is it open to everybody including motorcycles, it doesn't specify on the site. I emailed Lori at Glen Helen asking her but no response as of yet.

esr250r86
06-17-2007, 10:19 AM
The practice is open practice and it is from sunrise to sunset. You can give her a call if you have any questions and she will probably answer.

adrenalinefreak
06-20-2007, 09:16 AM
OK...I've tried to contact people from the ITP Quadcross and also people from Glen Helen and have not been successful yet.

This will be my first QuadCross race and I have no idea what to expect. Do all the classes go at once? Or do they have scheduled times that each start? I also heard from someone that they have motos, if so how do they work?

I race in the WORCS series and everything is pretty well laid out especially as far as rules, numbers/colors, race times, and classes go so I am struggling here a little bit. I'm going to race in the Womens class not sure which one yet?

I'm on a true 400ex...pipe, k/n, nerfs, shocks, etc but the engine has no mods, will it be fine on the track (as far as the hills go)?

Any information would be great!! You can either reply here or PM me or email me at worcsracer143@yahoo.com

castone001
06-20-2007, 09:48 AM
Donna,
you'll be fine on your 400. They run 2 motos per class for however many classes they have signups for. Sometime they will mix classes within a race/moto. Usually there are 6 - 9 races/motos comprised of the classes. For example. My daughter races the 13-16 2&4 stroke up to 300cc. So her moto would be say race 4 and she will race with others in her class and maybe the 10-12 yr olds as well. it all depends on how many have signed up for the race that day. Then once they have gone through the 1st races/motos they will start again in the same order with race/moto 1 for the 2nd time. Run all the races again then the day is over.

If you race Worcs series then you will be setup safety wise and numbers wise. You do need a rear number plate/kill switch/nerfs etc. Standard fare for a race.

Look us up and say hi. White Class C motorhome with two black Monster graphics Quads #948 and #949

Remember the race is on Saturday this time :)

400grl
06-20-2007, 09:54 AM
You can run your WORCS numbers - they will be fine!!! For the quadcross, practice is open on Thursday....watch for the bikes, they don't like quads much!! The track will also be SO MUCH rougher on practice day than during the race, but you can use practice to see where the track will break down on race day - it's a good chance to learn the good lines on the track and remember them....they will also have a practice in the morning OF the race.

Race day.....they will have registration first thing in the morning - they should also have a practice schedule posted. If they don't, ask the ladies at registration when it will be posted.

Practice is split.....each practice session usually gets about 4 laps or so.....you will notice some of the girls will got out in two practices......some people do this, some don't. I never did.......but they won't say anything if you go out in the women's practice.....a nd then like....beginners or something.

After practice......they will start the racing almost right away!!! They will post the race order at the end of practice....so hustle back to registration and find it! Usually they run the women's classes around 3, 4, 5, or 6th moto......sometimes towards the end, though.....but I have never seen women's class as the first race, so you should have enough time to see the race order before your race.

You will have two motos for the day. Race order will go in order as it's posted.....at the end of that order, the racing order will start all over again for the 2nd moto. Be ready in staging when the class ahead of you is on the gate waiting for their race.......becuase as soon as that gate drops, your class will then move to the gate to line up.......and when that class ahead of you is going through the checkers......your class be be ready to go.

Unlike WORCS......you will line up BEHIND the gate. There will be a gate drop. You need to find a good spot and sweep your gate clean for the best traction (Have someone else do it for you can). Don't get too close to the gate, or it can drop on your front tires and you will get stuck in the gate! When the guy is standing out in front of everyone, facing you.....he will point to everyone in the line....you will nod your head when he looks at you if you are ready to go......as soon as he drops that card, and starts running, you just look at that gate......keep looking at it, because it's going to drop......as soon as it twitches, you go..........

You will run about 4 laps......white flag means next lap is the checkers.....

Glen Helen will get ROUGH!!! The track will change between your first and second motos - so just be ready for that. New holes will be there, new ruts......bigger braking bumps......so just be careful on your first lap of your second moto until you know how it's changed.......

It's not a super technical track - not alot of doubles, but there are a number of tables and step-ups that are always fun......

You will have a good time!!! MX racing is a bit more fast paced than WORCS or GP's.......so just make sure you always know when you will be racing, and which class is on the line........

esr250r86
06-21-2007, 06:19 AM
Im off to Glen Helen! I have a five and a half hour drive from my house now, but it should be worth it. Hopefully theres a good turnout. Ill post how I did when I get back.:)