PDA

View Full Version : bmx bike

quad_racer_17
06-06-2007, 10:17 AM
just startin out and i was wonderin wat bike would be better haro or dk?? also what is the 1st trick i should learn

bigz-71
06-06-2007, 10:28 AM
are you wanting to race or do freestyle?

They both are good bikes. I have owned a haro and i liked it but i also like DK, i think their bikes are a little cheaper than Haro but that does not mean made cheaper.

I have been racing for many years now. I personally race standard 125R bike. it is a good bike but it not for starters just cause it will cost you serious money to build you a Standard, the frame alone is 400 bucks!

The last thing i will say, is you might look at the component each bike comes with and see which one has the better components and if you want a light bike, see if one of them is Alum. or Chromoly (4130). Alum is lighter but it flexes and 4130 is stiffer. Alum will not rust where 4130 does. I hope some of this information helps you any.

quad_racer_17
06-06-2007, 10:39 AM
freestyle

bigz-71
06-06-2007, 10:46 AM
i probably would see which bike offers 14mm axles with 48 spokes wheels. 3 piece cranks and 4130 Frame. Those are a must to have for freesytle.

BVRLVR
06-06-2007, 12:44 PM
if your lookin for a bike i have a S&M holmes thats like new, only a couple of street rides on it, pm if interested

killerofcrows48
06-06-2007, 06:07 PM
my haro hasn't once let me down yet, awesome bike

416exfreak
06-06-2007, 07:54 PM
My haro is a tough old bike...

If i were you, id go with an eastern though...high quality, low price...for the most part!

standardryder
06-06-2007, 08:06 PM
i also ride a standard, and i wouldnt trade it for any other bike.
another thing you should make sure is that the entire frame is 4130 chromoly. alot of the cheaper frames will have 4130 dropouts or chain/seat stays and a high ten steel frame.
first trick, id say get good at J hops, its pretty much the basis for every trick.

Mxjunkie
06-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Can't go wrong with Haro as long as you get a good frame, this a 4 year old haro frame still going strong :cool:

CRich[814]
06-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Can't go wrong with Haro as long as you get a good frame, this a 4 year old haro frame still going strong :cool:

we share the same braking system.

random: does anyone know where i can get some CHEAP 14mm double or triple wall rims? (dont say dans) weight doesnt matter one bit, but im cheap as hell.

tim colston
06-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie

I have a question. Why do all bmx bikes have there seat tilted back like yours. Always wondered that .

hondamx82
06-07-2007, 09:22 AM
get a fitbikeco .....way better than haro or dk

NPelletier
06-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by CRich[814]
we share the same braking system.

im tihnking about getting into bmxing, i have amongoose which ive had for like two years, i stripped it, so i have no brakes and i wanna get a good bike this time, no more hceap wal-mart bikes, i was tihnking haro, but a few years ago i fell in love with a DK in a magazine and now im curious about it again :)

bigz-71
06-07-2007, 01:17 PM
if some parts you can check with J&R express out of tampa Fl. they have some great deals. i dealt with them when i was racing. He was one of the biggest dealers but Dans was always the largest and had the best prices.

As far as Haro and Dk they both are great bikes but you might want to look around at a few other bikes. Just take a look at Danscomp.com and see what they have on their website. they frame and forks and then a parts package thats not a bad deal so you can get your frame and fork you wish but then just a complete parts package that you can build it from. The more custom you get the more precise and expesive you get but you are getting the bike you want. I would just say it all about the budget you have to spend. if you have 300 then a entry level DK or Haro will be a good choice but if you can spend 600 then you can buy a frame and fork and fix it from there just do not over do your parts for example, cassette wheels. They are very nice but still expensive for the starters.

I know i cared away with this reply but i hope some of this information will help you.

ATC_KING
06-08-2007, 01:08 PM
does any one race ABA?

bigz-71
06-08-2007, 03:30 PM
I believe i have only raced 2 ABA races but maybe 3. It was most out west and NBL was out East. I could not tell you which is bigger but they both have good riders. The ABA format was different. I do not know if i like it or not, where you race one race and then to the main versus in NBL you race all three races and then the main.

Conman007
06-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Why do people put thier seat back like that.

I have a 4 year old Eastren PayDirt and still runs great.

Its in the shop right now just getting checked up.

Mxjunkie
06-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Conman007
Why do people put thier seat back like that.

I have a 4 year old Eastren PayDirt and still runs great.

Its in the shop right now just getting checked up.

Originally posted by tim colston
I have a question. Why do all bmx bikes have there seat tilted back like yours. Always wondered that .

It's a differnt style, It started with the brakeless riders cause we really dont want to stop so we flow as much as possible while riding, lol shoe's are expensive! It's almost like riding on a huge mx track but everything in the street is the jumps.. Around here we like to ride trails and flow then go ride street, park etc.. so we usually just leave them slammed, it makes manauling and riding fakie alot easyier and you tend to build a good sence of balance cause it's a pita to sit down lol.. I can also 360 a lot easyier then before, even working on 540's etc. I've been better at riding since I put it low, plus I am 6'1 so it being tilted back is so I fit on it. :blah:

bigz-71
06-09-2007, 04:06 PM
the reason why mine is tilted back is because of when your on the gate is about the only time your sitting on it when your racing BMX and the gate slants forward so it makes it seem level if it is tilted a little toward the rear tire.