PDA

View Full Version : Electrical/ Ignition

LT250_JOE
06-06-2007, 08:28 AM
JUST GOT BACK FROM HATFIELD/ MCCOY AND HAD SOME PROBLEMS. WITH HEADLIGHTS ON AND COOLING FAN RUNNING AFTER 2-3 MINUTES MY BIKE WOULD START BREAKING UP BADLY. I WOULD TURN THE HEADLIGHTS OFF AND PROBLEM WOULD GO AWAY. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THE CURRENT OUT PUT FROM STATOR/GENERATOR IS INSUFFICIENT. I KNOW BATTERY IS PRETTY SMALL.

ANY ONE ELSE RUN INTO THIS PROBLEM?

motohed
06-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Check your ground ,and make sure its attached to the engine with a jumper not supplied of coarse but I made one . You can also check the chargiing circuit with a multimeter with the engine running .Then load test the battery eith a load tester designed for a motorcycle you could have a dead cell.

LT250_JOE
06-06-2007, 05:45 PM
I'LL CHECK IT OUT AFTER I GET IT BACK FROM DEALER.

RECALL AND A SH#T LIST OF COMPLAINTS.

mike gp
06-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Hey Motohed I thought you said KTM didnt have electrical problems? HUH

motohed
06-07-2007, 04:16 PM
They haven,t in ktm motorcycles that I have had ,but the wiring is done by polaris . A weak ground can cause a multitude of problems in any brand .

mike gp
06-07-2007, 04:57 PM
may be ? mag likely ,motohed will fix you up.

motohed
06-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Hey man if polaris doesn't find the problem and the wiring checks out . I'll be glad to help anyone out with any brand . I have had them all,and still have many ,and ktm happens to be my preferance for my personal dirt bikes. They are enduro ready and virtually hold 1/3 of the market in enduro racing . Flat facts . They are also making a run at the supercross circuit . If they sigh the right name .I am sure they will place well ,like I said all manufacturers have there problems. Its how they handle them that count .The old saying is there all good when they run,and they all suck when they don't .:macho :macho :macho

mike gp
06-08-2007, 12:16 PM
OK you got me I'm just mad I didnt wait for 525! I'm glad to see such passion! You are on the east coast there must be more KTM dealers there. When we needed a dealer where we are its was about 300 mile away.We do have one close as of this winter. Its all about location.