PDA

View Full Version : Regarding The Post Called... "Uncorking The 450R On A Budget"

EndlessRoost
06-06-2007, 04:10 AM
If anyone has read the sticky/pinned post called "uncorking the 450r on a budget" that is on the other 450r site, i have a question about it regarding the '07 450R's. In that post under the 1st Step it says....when you remove the airbox lid there is a white snorkel that extends down into the carb inletting, etc etc. Now on my '07 there is no white snorkel extending down into the carb inletting, do i just skip that part or am i just missing something stupid? Also any comments/questions about that post are welcomed if you have any. Thanks -J

pro-rider46
06-06-2007, 09:22 PM
can you show us a picture showing that you have no snorkel. i dont have a 07 but i though they all had a snorkel.

EndlessRoost
06-06-2007, 10:04 PM
right now i have no pictures but maybe i can get some on here using my cell phone, but untill then i can say this....i do have a snorkel but its attached to my lid and extends down into the box to right behind the filter. Now the "uncorking on a budget" post also calls for cutting out the back half of the lid which would eliminate the snorkel since that is where its attached, so the modifing of the snorkel doesnt make any sense because it would be eliminated when the lid is cut. i know this is simple and some tweaking can easily get me where i need to be, but im just trying to figure out why its not making sense to me. Thanks --J

TRX450RACER174
06-06-2007, 10:13 PM
On the side of the intake tube there is a white box in front of the air box left side of tube you can remove that but u need a plug to do so, i would just remove the lid of if you are concerned about it buy another lid to hack up or get a power lid!
http://www.yamahaoftroy.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?category=ATVs&make=Honda&year=2006&fveh=7181

in the fiche pic you want to remove #11 it is a resonator but like i said you need a plug to plug the hole thats the piece i believe you are refering to.