PDA

View Full Version : Rath nerf bars

forgiven
06-05-2007, 09:35 PM
I got the rath nerfs and perhaps someone can answer this for me. It appears I have to modify at numerous parts of the pegs to get them to fit and then fit without digging into and eventually severing the nets.

Anyone else have this problem? I can't post pics till tomorrow since it is too late tonight. Very frustrating.

Rcarroll
06-06-2007, 01:44 AM
I just got a set today will let you know how mine fit. The reason I got Rath was they are suppose to just bolt on with no mods. I got mine from Hot Quads

drr wizard
06-06-2007, 06:13 AM
forgiven , it sounds like you may have been shipped the wrong set , and rath has been known to mislabel a box in the past. I have rath nerfs and they should bolt on without modification. I would give them call before altering any parts.

drr wizard

forgiven
06-06-2007, 07:33 AM
The nerfs bolt up and everything looks good except the pegs are what I would call a fitment issue, but perhaps there is something I just don't understand. No instructions but it should be pretty straight forward.

When I get home I will post a pic of what I am talking about which is worth a 1000 words from what I hear.

riding4fun
06-06-2007, 08:09 AM
I had the same problem, they only seem to fit on one of the holes without force. I made them fit. So I guess it's a machining issue.
Both sets I bought had the same issue.

I guess you could grind the bottom.

forgiven
06-06-2007, 08:17 AM
So does it look like it will eventually cut the nets closest to the tranny? I looked at how I could dremmel about 3 spots on each but I just thought figured they should bolt up with no problems. If I dremel them how much strength do I lose? I would have to take quite a bit off one spot. Could you post a pic of yours so I can see if it is like what I am talking about?

forgiven
06-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Looking at your old thread it looks like there is an aluminum piece that hooks up to the tab on the back of the heel guard. I didn't get those either or did you fab those yourself? I was wondering what those tabs were for since there was nothing there to bolt to.

riding4fun
06-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by forgiven
Looking at your old thread it looks like there is an aluminum piece that hooks up to the tab on the back of the heel guard. I didn't get those either or did you fab those yourself? I was wondering what those tabs were for since there was nothing there to bolt to.

It's no surprise they forgot something. I received the wrong nets twice. Just give them a call, they will send you them out.
The tabs connect to a fastener that is attached to the frame. So I assume they forgot the fastener. For the error they sent my boy a Rath Racing hoodie, and sent me a tee shirt.
Good luck

Oops, I looked at my other post. The tab that is seen connects directy to the fender to stabilize the fender. The tab was already on the heel guard

The fastener I was referring to connects the heel guard to the frame.

forgiven
06-06-2007, 09:56 AM
I was talking about the tab on the back of the heel guard. I seen the aluminum bar looking like it would attach to it. That is what I was talking about. I figured the front tab out ;)

I will call them when I figure out the pegs as well. This is very disappointing.

Rcarroll
06-07-2007, 07:03 AM
I just put mind on last night. They seem to bolt on ok the only thing is I am going to have to move the overflow bottle the bracket that holds the heel gaurd to the frame hits the bracket for the bottle. I also put a foot brake on so had to modify the heel gaurd to make room for that. Have not put the nets in yet so don't know if they fit. If anyone has pictures let me know just to make sure I have them on right.

drr wizard
06-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Rcarroll
I just put mind on last night. They seem to bolt on ok the only thing is I am going to have to move the overflow bottle the bracket that holds the heel gaurd to the frame hits the bracket for the bottle. I also put a foot brake on so had to modify the heel gaurd to make room for that. Have not put the nets in yet so don't know if they fit. If anyone has pictures let me know just to make sure I have them on right.

if your nets have 8 legs they are correct if they have 6 they are not correct
drr wizard