PDA

View Full Version : Poll: and Comments: Please Reply everyone.

super_man37366
10-18-2002, 01:28 PM
250ex
lakota
z250
Blaster

:D Out these 4 quads which would you choose and why? After next summer I plan on getting the new z250? what are your commments on them? Thankz alot guys for your replys.

Texan32
10-18-2002, 01:40 PM
it really depends on what you are going to do with it. The 250ex is a great beginner quad and an all around fun little machine. I would assume the same with the z250, but this is the first yeat on the market...i would be hesitant there. The Lakota seems more like a sport/trail quad (close behind the Warrior). The Blaster is going to be the most performance oriented of the 4. Being a 200cc 2 stroke, it probably has the most power of all. And, the 2003's now have front disc brakes!

So again, i ask...what kind of riding are you looking to do?

2 QuicK
10-18-2002, 01:54 PM
If i was u i'd go with the Blaster. But that's just what would suit me the best outa the 4. Texan is right is all depends on what kinda riding u do or want to do.

Ex_Rider43
10-18-2002, 02:41 PM
I would choose the blaster or the Z250 but the new blaster is the ugliest thing I saw ...

Dave400ex
10-18-2002, 03:23 PM
Well the Blaster would be the best bet. It kind of depends on how big you are too. If you are real big the Blaster won`t work real well.

GT300
10-18-2002, 03:48 PM
Do you prefer a manual clutch? I think that they are more fun. If a blaster is not too small then I would get it. A few bolt on mods make them pretty fast.

Sick0
10-18-2002, 04:38 PM
blaster

Sick0
10-18-2002, 04:41 PM
I was wondering who makes the best engine Kit. Which ones is the best valve. I want a good set up for MX racing. Thanks

bpimpdaddy21
10-18-2002, 05:49 PM
I would say the blaster, I used to have an '89 Blaster, and that thing was so much fun to ride, and there is so much that you can do to them, I am all for the Blaster.

stocktires
10-18-2002, 08:18 PM
blaster...
I luv 2-strokes and It will kill all the others in a straight line.
The EX and LT prolly handel better, but with the blaster, you wont be spending a whole LOAD of money on motor mods

BiggerRed 400ex
10-18-2002, 09:12 PM
Right before I bought my 02' 400EX I had an 01' Blaster.... ONLY A FEW BILLS and that thing was a screamer over stock!! DEFINITLY MISS THE "POWERBAND" OF THAT THING it really ripped.... Sucked going up in altitude though... had to re-jet everytime..... BUT I was a 210lb rider and soon out grew the power... thats why i bought the 400EX and I'm lovin' every minute of it! Nothin' like Torque to pull your ***** up the mountain!

Go with the Blaster... especially with the new design and front disk brakes!!!!

cheetah
10-18-2002, 09:38 PM
I would get the blaster. They are fast and with some mods you can run with the big dogs too.:D Just make sure you get the disc brakes model, cause the drums are a pos.

super_man37366
10-18-2002, 10:22 PM
Well. guys thankz alot for the replys ,but theres a bad side. I really got my heart set on a shaft driven fourwheeler I really only ride down the road and up in the moutains,mud and trails. Thats why I narrowed it down to the 250ex and the z250. I really got my heart set on the z250 b/c I know it had to be set up to run better than the ex. could you guys give me some nfo on it by ne chance? I know some of you may be thinking get a 300ex or a 400ex but I really like the sport quad thing I have a 4x4 but want something to ride wheelies and jump a lil (sportry is what I am trying to say lol), but have no need to race just ride around with my friends on there sport quads. PLus I like being the underdog. I would do ne thing to fix up a z250 and roast a 300ex yeehaw... lol well thats how I fill about it all so could you uys reply to this also thankz again so much you guys are da best... later :D

300EXrider02
10-18-2002, 10:23 PM
i really gotta say guyz, blasters suck as$:D

crazy canadian
10-19-2002, 01:38 AM
the blaster has come a long way this year. the fact that it has disc brakes makes it a real competitor in the small sport quad area. i've seen a lot of blasters that have really taken a beating over the years, and they keep on running! that's about the only thing that yamaha has got right!

10-19-2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by super_man37366
Well. guys thankz alot for the replys ,but theres a bad side. I really got my heart set on a shaft driven fourwheeler I really only ride down the road and up in the moutains,mud and trails. Thats why I narrowed it down to the 250ex and the z250. I really got my heart set on the z250 b/c I know it had to be set up to run better than the ex. could you guys give me some nfo on it by ne chance? I know some of you may be thinking get a 300ex or a 400ex but I really like the sport quad thing I have a 4x4 but want something to ride wheelies and jump a lil (sportry is what I am trying to say lol), but have no need to race just ride around with my friends on there sport quads. PLus I like being the underdog. I would do ne thing to fix up a z250 and roast a 300ex yeehaw... lol well thats how I fill about it all so could you uys reply to this also thankz again so much you guys are da best... later :D

I would say dont get a shaft drive. If u want to change gearing u cant. a chain is not even hard to maintain either. I would highly recomend the 300ex if all u wanna do is cruise around and be sprorty. The 300ex handles better then the blaster has electric start has reverse and is probably a smoother ride. But if you want the performance go with the blaster.

99'300EX
10-19-2002, 10:36 AM
My friend just got a new blaster and he put the Toomey B1 kit on it and that thing rips... get the blaster or the ex

300EX-Man
10-19-2002, 10:47 AM
yea my freind thought the same thing, so he bought a 250ex, it is a good quad but a dog. it handles like crap, it just seems like it wants to roll over on you all the time

if i were you and all u want to do is ride a "sporty" quad get a blaster or a 300ex. the 300 will out handle any stock blaster

a chain drive is simple, loosen a bolt to tighten or loosen the chain, then ocasionaly spray on some chain lube

get a 300ex, i don't know anything about that Z, but if it doesn't have a clutch it is prob. just like the 250ex
my freind sold his 250ex like 4 months after he got it for a new Z-400

Sick0
10-19-2002, 11:15 AM
I wiould say just get a 400ex. Its one of the best all round quad there is. It would be great for going down roads, going to the mountains or anything else you want to do. Plus if you get in to racing or any more sporty type things yo can built the 400ex for it easy.

Sick0
10-19-2002, 11:17 AM
Bump

phatswinn
10-19-2002, 12:16 PM
blaster

josh
10-19-2002, 02:12 PM
uh, blaster is coo for doin small jumps and stuff cuz it is really light and has a powerband, and i know just a few mods really improves those things but...... if you are riding in mountains or changing elevation a lot i would say don't go with a 2 stroke cuz just a 700 foot elevation diff would require jettin if it isn't stock, 2 strokes are really sensitive on jettin if they are slightly modded, but the blaster is a great all around sporty quad

300EXrider02
10-19-2002, 03:56 PM
they have horrible shocks and require a lot of maitnence sp? anyways other than that with some mods if could be good but still sucks and handling and stock tires blow as well, stock axle bends easy and its a very uncomfortable ride, ridden many like 1:huh :D

super_man37366
10-19-2002, 04:59 PM
I do like the price on the blaster but would it be to small? I mean I am 140 lbs and 5`10 so I dunno? one reason it is between these quads is b/c money at my age is hard to come by lol. thankz

Dave400ex
10-19-2002, 06:33 PM
Go and test ride a Blaster, 250ex, and a Z250.

super_man37366
10-19-2002, 07:09 PM
Ok heres another question. Whats the 250ex, blaster, and the new z250 ( although the new z it not out yet base it on the suzuki ozark) to speed? I am seriously thinkin about gettin a blaster because of the power ( what does the powerband do) I mean will that thing fly down the road how fast is a stock blaster? I mean I could take a 250ex in a drag ????? Plus I really like the blasters speed supposely.... later thakz again

BiggerRed 400ex
10-19-2002, 08:02 PM
A "powerband" doesn't "do" anything... it is simply a way of stateing how a 2 stroke motor develops its power. It is the range of RPM's where the motor makes the most HP and Torque. On my 01' Blaster with a few mods for under $300 bucks (FMF Phatty pipe, Boyesen Rad Valve, adjust needle valve)(also look into the FMF SST pipe) as soon as it hit the "powerband" it felt like someone came up behind me in a car and started pushing me.... definitly FUN! By the way I never experienced problems with the suspension.... It may not be the best of the best but then again .. the Blaster is an ENTRY LEVEL SPORT QUAD.... you can't beat it for the price. As far as you being too big... no worries there.. i was 210 and 6' and still had fun. If you get a chance TEST RIDE one... the dealer i bought mine from wouldn't let me test ride it! :grr

josh
10-19-2002, 09:35 PM
have you ever ridden a warrior?? check out this http://www.bluetraxx.com/Race00.WMV the blue quad is a slightly modded blaster, other bike is a warrior, warrior is 350 4 stroke that goes 55 stock incase you didn't know

super_man37366
10-19-2002, 09:48 PM
Well Josh after seeing that video I believe my heart is set on a blaster. do you have ne more videos please say you do. Well keep coming with the peplys so far I am happy with the replys about the blaster and how everyone seems to like the ( I really like there$price) lol.... well later thankz everyone

ebanezar
10-19-2002, 09:52 PM
The blaster is a great quad! I bought a new one back in 97 and beat it for 3 years and it never missed a beat. I never did any maintenance and rarely any adjustments. I went for 1 1/2 years without even cleaning the air filter! The quad never let me down and I should not have not sold it. The dealer that I purchased it from also sold polaris'. I test drove the trail blazer then jumped on the blaster and the rest is history.

And why would anyone want a shaft drive on a sport quad?

super_man37366
10-19-2002, 10:11 PM
thankz guys for all the responses keep em coming. But I got to have a question answer. How fast does a stock blaster go? and if I did put a pipe and k& could I really outrun a 350 warrior? thankz again guys later.:D

400exdad
10-20-2002, 10:00 AM
I'm a big guy and I use to ride my 300 and loved it because of the great suspension and decent (or so I thought :) )power. My point is that I finally got to ride a Blaster one day, and I thought the suspension was terrible! Of course, I was a bit too big for it. If I was 12 or so, the Blaster would probably be the perfect (only 2nd to a 300EX :D ) high performance quad, at least now that it has disc brakes. The drums sucked. However, being a dad, I would have to consider if a smaller person could start it or not (and if I would have to get off mine and start it everytime). Therefore, an electric start would be nice. Now I'm leaning to the 250EX aren't I. :) To me, you only have 2 questions to answer. Do you want electric start with auto clutch? or Do you want a manual clutch and kick start? To me, its only between the Honda and Yama. The Lakota is too utility and heavy and the 250Z is too new. JMHO

Dave400ex
10-20-2002, 10:18 AM
If you are wanting Electric Start and a Manual then I would check out a 300ex. But you have to decide which you prefer.

BiggerRed 400ex
10-20-2002, 11:55 AM
Anyone can kickstart a blaster!!! it has a short throw on the kickstart so you dont have to bear down on it. **** i even started mine SITTING DOWN! nothing too it.... I have to agree with 400exdad about only being between Yamaha and Honda.... Both...great companies. (Especially Yamaha Golf Carts... those things take a lickin and keep on tickin' :macho )

josh
10-21-2002, 05:00 PM
ya, i wouldn't even remotely consider a lakota, and i don't think i would buy a first year model of anything, cuz it could turn out like the first year raptor and have many many glitches with it, but i do know that anybody could start a blaster, there is nothin to it, and it is smaller quad than the 250's, cuz the whellbase is shorter, but it is easier to throw the bike around and stuff cuz it is so light, a blaster is 320 lb dry weight and my 91 250x is 261 lb dry weight, after goin to the track and riding my dad's 350 warrior and seeing the a few blaster's rippin around it is safe to say that a slightly modded blaster is faster than a stock warrior, they are pretty fun lookin little bikes, but if you really wanna have fun i would buy a used banshee for like 3,000, those things haul *****

josh
10-21-2002, 05:03 PM
here are a few video's of what modded banshee's are like http://www.warriorqueen.net/badassburn1.wmv
http://www.bluetraxx.com/stangvsshee.mpeg
http://www.bluetraxx.com/btdrags.wmv

bklyn400ex
11-30-2002, 01:16 AM
what are some quick mods for the blaster, i just got one for my brother, it came piped, jetted, air filter, holeshot with douglas rims, smaller front sprocket what are some other quick cheap mods we can do to it, i dont know too much about the 2 strokes, i have a 400ex my self, and i think this little machine is great

11-30-2002, 07:24 AM
Get a Blaster, cheapest, fastest, and more learning time.

rebel red ex
11-30-2002, 09:02 AM
if you r going to go with a small quad go with the mojave it is a really good quad and will beat a blaster

nacs400ex
11-30-2002, 11:20 AM
Whatever you do dont get a blaster. I would get a 300ex over a blaster. My buddy has a blaster, biggest POS ever. His is a '99 and he maintains it. Its got all the bolt-ons, and it is not reliable. He just blew his top and bottem end. Plus, do you want reverse, if so i would get a 300ex, When i had my 300ex, it would blow the doors off a blaster- with normal bolt-ons. The 300ex has WAY better handling than a blaster.

Get a 300ex, you wont be disappointed.

just my 2 cents

99'300EX
11-30-2002, 11:48 AM
my friend has a 2001 blaster with the toomey kit on it...it rips, get the blaster