PDA

View Full Version : changing dome

tx_250r
06-05-2007, 08:51 PM
when i bought my esr310i installed the pump gas dome but now i want to run the race gas dome just to check out the difference. First off how do you change the dome its self?? also i will finally install my rick stator light flywheel thats been sitting on my self for months. if i have time and can figure it out i will instal my dyna fs also. How will these changes effect my jetting and overall power and speed???

tx_250r
06-06-2007, 09:16 AM
some body???

86250rrider
06-06-2007, 07:48 PM
i myself would shy away from aftermarket ignitions. the race dome will im sure need to run straight race fuel and it will run better for sure. my bike really responds to compression.with lower compression ,my bike has a more peaky power hit. with high compression it has lots of power everywhere including bottom end punch.i run a torque pipe with high compression and it pulls very hard and smooth.when you remove head...it will just push out,no big deal. :D

methyman
06-06-2007, 07:48 PM
First off the dome just pushes in and out. Make sure you lubricate the o ring with some antifreeze. The Dyna will give you a hotter spark and might have to up the main a couple. Speed will be the same. Power might be better. I had two Dynas go bad and the third one lasted till I gave it away. The CR ignition is better.

tx_250r
06-06-2007, 08:49 PM
over $400 in parts and speed will be about the same!!! damn... i was going to send the motor to neil for porting i know this would give me the most bang for the buck but i'm looking for a 350esr motor then i'll send him it and put this set up in the atc250r. any other thoughts or opinions?