PDA

View Full Version : help!i have a frozen axle locknut

pdxbigfoot
06-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Hello all.Well here is my predicament.I recently purchaced a 1986 trx 250r project that had sat outside under a tarp for at least a year.the bike was dismantled and thank god the only thing kept inside was the motor.Anyway the swingarm is off the frame with what appears to be a dura-blue 2inch wider axle intact.Both pieces are very rusty,mainly the axle.Ive done some research and i belive that the arm is a older lone-star at least 2inches longer.In order to get parts cleaned up and a new bearing carrier installed i have to get the axle out of the housing and that babys not budging.I know that the threads are opposite and i should be turning the nut clockwise to loosen it.I have used a penetrating oil and its been soaking for the last 3 days but to no avail.I also know that its not good to heat these parts as to not weaken the axle any tricks.....THANK YOU:confused:

JW450R1
06-10-2007, 05:27 AM
Is the axle bent wear the jam nuts are?.I would just heat it up.Then jam nuts just junk metal it will probably heat up quickly.
If for some reason that doesn't work u can cut in off.