PDA

View Full Version : Squirting oil/enine problem???

trx416m
06-05-2007, 06:08 PM
My 2004 trx450r engine has been acting funny lately. Last night i went riding and got the engine pretty hot then i pressure washed it later. i lifted it up on the grab bar to clean the bottom to. When i went to start it, it kicked over really hard the first 2 times then the kickstart didnt move at all. Today i took the spark plug out and squirted just a little wd-40 in the cylinder and after one kick it kicked over like normal. It started easy then ran just like normal. I went to change the oil after i ran it and when i took the right side (pipe side) oil plug out the oil squirted out with a decent amount of pressure. What i want to know is why did my engine temporarily seize and why did the oil squirt out so hard?? (Also I rebuilt it over the winter with a 11.5/1 piston and its been great all year.)

Thank You!

Johnny B
06-10-2007, 02:22 PM
sounds like your breather may be plugged.

trx416m
06-11-2007, 08:45 AM
that was one of my thoughts, but the big hose is clear, and the little one that connects to the carb doesnt go anywhere. like in the carb it just dead ends with no outlet hole?? i also think i may have had to much oil in it maybe idk?