PDA

View Full Version : ITP Wheel question

Benjithx
06-05-2007, 03:29 PM
I am not a fan of these wheels by any means, but I needed something cheap to replace my fronts until I figure out what wheels I really want.

I believe I read a thread about not using the stock beveled lugs because the wheels don't have beveled holes, so I flipped the stock lugs and put a little blue thread locker on them. They seam to be alright, but what do you guys suggest?

Thanks

Flyin-Low
06-05-2007, 07:30 PM
If they are the same junk as these, then yeah I just flipped my stock lug nuts around and didn't even use locker on them. haven't loosened up a bit.

Yeah, I can't even get the front beads to seal on these rims. No matter what I do :mad:

and they are ugly, lol

-Martin

400exrider707
06-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
If they are the same junk as these, then yeah I just flipped my stock lug nuts around and didn't even use locker on them. haven't loosened up a bit.

Yeah, I can't even get the front beads to seal on these rims. No matter what I do :mad:

and they are ugly, lol

-Martin

are those steel rims or just really dull aluminums?

Chew Spit
06-05-2007, 08:15 PM
x2

I have those Junk rims on the rear, and i just flipped the nuts aswell, no thread lock, and they never backed off...

Its real fun to take those rims off, when theyve had a few rides on them, and they arent true anymore... Had to beat them off with a 2x4 and a BFH..

Chew Spit
06-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
are those steel rims or just really dull aluminums?

alum

Flyin-Low
06-05-2007, 08:18 PM
They are steel... blah. lol

-Martin

400exrider707
06-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
They are steel... blah. lol

-Martin

there's your problem, might as well put on paper wheels, they bend just as easy.

Flyin-Low
06-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Wasn't planning on keeping the ol' EX for much longer anyways and I needed new front rims because I taco'd one when I rolled it (5th gear wheelie on the road)

These rims were dirt cheap anyway.

You get what you pay for :p

-Martin

Jem450ER
06-09-2007, 09:32 PM
which itp wheels? i have the c-series on my quad, i didn't flip my lug nuts and i've never had a problem with them.

pats2007450er
06-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Chew Spit
x2

I have those Junk rims on the rear, and i just flipped the nuts aswell, no thread lock, and they never backed off...

Its real fun to take those rims off, when theyve had a few rides on them, and they arent true anymore... Had to beat them off with a 2x4 and a BFH.. and thats no joke.i had itp pro series baja's and they were the same way.when i did finally get them off they were a bltch to get back on.i have douglas ultimate billet rims now on my r and i love them.they have a built in insert and they go on and come off easy.the c-series are the same way as the douglas rims i have.