PDA

View Full Version : Honda TRX CRF450R Hybrid $5800

slowpoke450r
06-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Race ready atv, only needs a rider! I bought this quad a little less than a year ago. Quad was built in 2003. A new CRF450R motor was purchased from honda, along with a new 400ex frame, now powdercoated blue. The motor is mounted with a JB Racing engine mounting kit for this application. The frame has gusset kit welded in. The owner before me claimed the motor had only 30 hours on it. And he installed new a-arm bushings/sleeves, new upper and lower ball joints. And he had the front shocks serviced, I rebuilt the rear when I got it. I have put about 12-15 hours on the quad. It starts up on the second kick when cold and on the first when warm. The motor runs great, it is the first 450 and also the first 4-stroke I have had and it is AWESOME! I wish I had this back when I raced 250r's. It is very fast and a joy to ride.

Parts list:
Custom Axis shocks all around long travel triple rate, remote reservoir up front,19.5", Dual Rate, remote reservior in the rear.
PWR oversized radiator.
OMF Radiator Shrouts.
Burgaurd anti-vibe steering stem.
Renthal bars, with pro grips.
Pro Design tether kill switch.
Crf450 twist thottle on it, I have a thumb throttle as well, I will install if you prefer a thumb.
Houser Long Travel +3 A-arms, powdercoated blue.
Leager +1 Swingarm, powdercoated blue, with chain slide.
RPM Double row Bearing Carrier, with brand new bearings.
RPM Anit-fade locknut.
RPM Dominator adjustable +4 axle.
Rear tires are 18" MX razers, mounted on yellow lable douglas beadlocks.
Front tires are MX Kenda Klaws, mounted on rolled lip douglas rims, they are a 1/4 offset rim- the proper way to widen to compliment the +3 A-arms.
Hinson rear brake pedal.
AC Racing blackline propeg nerf bars, with stainless steel pegs with small kick-up, replacable if you can ever wear them out.
Newer DID chain.
FCR Flat slide carb.
Laker Custom Plastics.
GO FOR IT graphics kit.
3/16 aluminum swingarm skid plate, I don't recall the maker but it is stout.
3/16 aluminum chassis skid plate, I made so I could protect the water pump, you can see it on the ground in the pick, I took it off to clean the quad, I put it back on later but I had already start taking pictures.
AC front bumper.
K&N air filter with an outerwear.
Walsh kick start extender with a YZ lever.

I also purchased a lighting coil stator from Electrex, over $200, that I had intented to use to put lights on it. I'll install it for an extra $75 if want to add some lights. I have a clear title for it and it is currently registered in Iowa. If you have any ?'s email me at slowpoke250r@hotmail.com or if your real serious my cell is (515)570-3618. I will also assist in getting it to you. I can drive it up to 100 miles in any direction for FREE. Either meet you or to a shipping terminal.
I can't figure out how to shrink my pics down to fit on this forum but I can email you many. The picture listed is the quad but without the blackline nerfs that is from when I first got it, last summer, it's the only one small enough.

Endurance
06-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Hey Poke,

Here is a program that will reduce the size of your pictures for you. Just download it and its free. Its called a jpeg optimizer. I use it for forum postings too. Below is the link.

http://www.xat.com/jpegopt/index.html

BTW, I watched your auction on Ebay, I'm in Johnston, Iowa by Des Moines, I'm looking to buy a hybrid, but not until around October. Your quad looks nice!

Good luck!

Bryan.....

slowpoke450r
06-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks Endurance, it would only shrink it so far. But that was enough for a few pics but only one of the whole quad. So here it is now. And why wait till fall when you can have it all summer long! Thanks again for the link. -Nate

slowpoke450r
07-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Anyone?

300ex_#387
07-07-2007, 11:13 AM
The guy that built this 4 wheeler lives about 5 minutes from my house. I have 3 more weeks of racing before I can sell my 300 to get a 450. If you still have it I will get in touch with you.