PDA

View Full Version : What Is Up With C-dale Motor Noise

YZROOSTINYA
10-18-2002, 09:55 AM
Everytime i hear a c-dale they make some of the weirdest noises possible. sounds like the piston is making contact with every peice of metal in the motor. they are s f-ing loud, do you guys wear ear plugs when you ride em? i know they are quick and all but what is up with all that noise? its not the exhaust

Taco
10-18-2002, 09:58 AM
That would be the straight cut cam gears. It uses all gears instead of a cam chain. Sounds like sweet music to me:D

10-18-2002, 11:55 AM
They also sound like they're backfiring sometimes when letting off the gas when ya got the hammer down...must be the jetting..:huh :eek: :devil

JabberJaw
10-18-2002, 12:07 PM
Rico.. You must have been following one on your Honda :-)

10-18-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by JabberJaw
Rico.. You must have been following one on your Honda :-)

Nope I was riden the mofo,,that's why I mentioned the term of having the hammer down..I wasn't gonna ride it like a girl,,plus it wasn't mine so I had nothin to loose if it broke or I wrecked..:eek:

ridinthedunes
10-18-2002, 05:21 PM
I rode my buddies and noticed the same "engine noise"
He said he's used to it so it doesn't bother him.

Note to self:
Never let rico ride my machine:huh :eek:

Guy400
10-18-2002, 06:00 PM
Honestly, the first time I heard the engine noise it was very disconcerting. Sounded like someone threw 3 or 4 steel marbles down on top of the piston as it's running. Everyone assured me that it was supposed to sound that way and only after a week of ownership I'm already used to it. When you're just sitting there idling is when it's most noticeable. When you've got the hammer down it seems to disappear:devil

Rico, if your Cannondale jetting is off than you've got bigger problems than some cam gear noise:eek: :D

10-18-2002, 06:28 PM
I love the noise in my opinion. c-dale' s are tyte machines

MX26
10-18-2002, 11:46 PM
I tell MxDale71 that those C-Dales are running on diesel :)

Of course, when it blows by my 250, I sorda think about pouring a little in my tank

redrider808
10-19-2002, 12:15 AM
thats too funny that's what i call mine the "diesel" its a joke in my group about me and my diesel . but its the fastest one you'll see