PDA

View Full Version : msd ignition ?

j450rking
06-05-2007, 10:36 AM
i have a msd ignition that i put on my build and i was wondering if i need my cdi anymore

dragex400
06-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Is it the programmable MSD? IF so, I run one and I do not have my Stock CDI on anymore. I just run the MSD. There is installation instructions on the MSD website. If you anymore question that would probebly help you.

j450rking
06-05-2007, 08:06 PM
yes i have the programmable one but it never said in the instructions that i need the stock cdi or not i sold bolth my after market and my stock cdi b/c i thought there was somthing that pluged in to the cdi plug but there is wires that go to the cdi plug that the instructions never said anything about

dragex400
06-06-2007, 06:39 AM
In the front, the instructions tell you what wires to connect. Then the wires that you have up there that you have put ends on but don't use are for the stock cdi. These wires are there in case something happens to the msd you can easily rewire to the stock cdi. You don't need to use your stock box at all. How do you like your MSD box?

j450rking
06-06-2007, 10:47 AM
i don't have the top end on my engine right now i am in mid build.

and i know about the wires to make it stock again but there is a green wire that it never said anywere to hook up in the front and i don't want to go to start the wheeler when i get the engine don and have it not start