PDA

View Full Version : What sort of dyno numbers should I expect?

Metzroth
06-05-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm in the process of rebuilding my 400ex motor right now and I'm wondering what sort of numbers to expect. It's going to be a J.E. 416 10.8:1 with a thin cometic gasket. The head will also be milled lowering the deck height even more. Will have a 3 angle valve job and high velocity porting. Right now I have a hotcam stage one. I'm upgrading to Kibble White black diamond stainless valves and heavier valve springs with titanium retainers. I have a white brothers R4 full exhaust. If jetted correctly, with the valves adjusted correctly, what should I expect? I can't afford any more parts, but im open to suggestions for the future. Don't try to talk me out of the high velocity porting because I've ridden quads set up very similar with only the porting as a difference, and there is deffinitley a LARGE difference. Let me know! -Mike

j450rking
06-05-2007, 05:25 AM
get a 450r carb if you are going to port then it will help alot

Metzroth
06-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Yeah, I had planned to do that, but don't know where to find one at a decent price. Also, I spent all that I can so far. As soon as I get another check, I will probably start looking for a carb. After that, since I'll have the stiffer valve springs, I might start looking for a better cam. Say I got a 450r carb on there with the setup I listed earlier. Am I going to see a pretty good increase? Right now it has the cam, the exhaust, and a K&N air filter with airbox lid off. I don't even care about the numbers really, I just wanna know how big of a difference I will feel. Is there a CDI box that isn't ridiculously expensive that I would feel an increase from? My friend has the Dyna FS Ignition, but its like $300. Also, with that setup, what cam would be good?

j450rking
06-05-2007, 10:31 AM
you will feel a good jump in power as long as you jet it right.

you can get a rev max cdi off ebay and they are pretty good but the best is a msd.

and on the cam it depends on your riding style and stuff like that. so if you ride woods i would say the stage 1 but if you ride open land or dunes or somthing like that then a stage 2

i would say to try and get a carb off here in the for sale section or off ebay thats were i get most of my parts