PDA

View Full Version : Band

clutch22
06-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Anyone on here in a band or used to be in one? .... I've been playin guitar for bout 4 years now and will be headed off to college in the fall, and will probly try to find some guys down there to jam with.
So i'll probly end up buying bunch of gear eventually..(kinda wondering wat all is good brands of needed equiptment)... and what i need to be able to hook intruments up to my computer and record onto there.

Thanks

Ruby Soho
06-05-2007, 10:02 AM
a nice little thing you can use to record with your computer and such is the Line6 toneport. its so easy to use. good brands of amps are line6 (i have a spider2. amazing amp), marshall's tube series (avt/mg series is crap), mesa boogie if you can afford it. guitars there is so much variety. Fender is great (i have a fat strat and i love it) Ibanez has nice higher end guitars (more of a metalish brand) gibson of course is good. but very expensive. i can help you out if you have anymore questions. just PM me.

parkers30
06-05-2007, 10:34 AM
All of my friends and relatives have NEVER had good luck with Line 6 products, all have some broken Line 6 amp/pod/pedal they have given up on after multiple repairs.

We have had good luck with Peavy stuff and it tend be cheaper than most. You can't realy go wrong with most major name brands: Fender, Gibson, Epiphone, Ampeg, Boss, Marshall, Vox, Ibanez, Peavy, etc.

For the most part if something seems cheap there is a good reason. They are typically built with lesser quality components and the end result (sound) is not as good.

416exfreak
06-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Krank Amps, Mesa Boogie, Peavey, Vox, Fender and Marshall are all very high quality amps

ESP. PRS, Fender, Gibson, Epiphone, Ibanez, Jackson, Hamer, EVH, B.C Rich, Dean, Schecter and Gretsch all make very hgh quality guitars.

For a PA system id go with JBL speakers, you simply cant beat them.

Be sure and use Monster cables and whatever guitar you wind up buying, or already have needs to have Seymore duncan pickups in it.

Screamin' Deamons are great for metal, and a Jazz style pickup will work for everything else. I have a screamin' demon at the bridge of my ibanez with a Jazz pickup at the neck and I leave my switch to the combined setting. It gives me a great low crunchy sound, but picks up in the higher frets and allows for great pinch harmonics.

Either way, have a lot of fun, and just jam!

clutch22
06-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks guys... i pretty much know all there is about guitars and guitar amps, since i've been playin for years, but i just dont know much bout the PA system and all the gadgets that people use in concerts, like compressors, etc.

Thanks 416ex, i'll look into those JBL speakers

anyone use Cakewalk software, or something like that?

Ruby Soho
06-05-2007, 06:27 PM
I use adobe audition / cool edit pro to record on my PC, but if im using a mac garageband is the funnest. DP is more detailed though