PDA

View Full Version : Best workout to get ready for racing?

fastyz85
06-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Well in a year I'm gonna start racing and thought I would get a jump on conditioning myself for it. I know I need to ride a lot but what else do you guys do to stay in shape. Lately i've been going to Atco mx track in Atco, NJ(not much but i'm gonna try to go more) trying to get used to the track and after 3 hours of semi-hard riding I am so sore the next day. If anybody has any tips let me know.

p.s. i'm also looking to get a nice 450 set up for mx in the summer and sell the 406ex.

LTR450_#67
06-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Work on your cardio.....

xrxmxcx
06-04-2007, 08:32 PM
I understand the idea of doing cardio/working out, but...

If your looking to better your riding skills and endurance and trying to target the workouts to replicate it, why not just ride alot?

fastyz85
06-04-2007, 08:39 PM
I am going to ride more I just wanted to know what else I can do to get in even better shape.

Trx250rider86
06-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Not everyone can get out and ride every day. When your not old enough to drive or have any good local spots like me and fastyz85, its hard to get out and ride a lot other then going to local tracks which can be hard to get to and expensive.

fastyz85
06-04-2007, 08:50 PM
I know and it still is gonna be hard next year because I'll only have my permit but atleast i can race in the 450 class. Watch out Trx250rider86 you'll have some competition If you don't move up to B class. haha

Trx250rider86
06-05-2007, 04:25 AM
Most likely im done with C. Maybe a few more races or so. or just untill i get suspension. If you dont get the holeshot, you better watch whos in front of you. In C class you never know when someones going to cut your line, or stop before a jump.

woodsman250r
06-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Try to either ride a bike, jog or lift weights for about an hour or two everyday you aren't riding. you can do cardio everyday without hurting anything but try to lift one day then take a day off to give you muscles time to rest and rebuild. also don't eat worthless foods like ALL fast food, soda, candy, fried foods. diet plays a huge part into your workout routine!

400exrider707
06-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Ill make it simple....

NO alcohol! NO smoking!

Eat good food, use your head!

Stay active, whether that means going to the gym, or raking your yard.

Then ride as much as possible.

No matter how often I go to the gym and how many different machines I use, after I ride my quad I can feel that I use different muscles that I dont get when I hit the gym, it is the best thing to get ready and in shape.

TRX450RACER174
06-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

No matter how often I go to the gym and how many different machines I use, after I ride my quad I can feel that I use different muscles that I dont get when I hit the gym, it is the best thing to get ready and in shape.

Yeah i do cardio and weight at the gym 5days a week 60min of cardio and 60 min of weights and nothing replicates riding. We just got a new track opened by us so we will be riding alot more than we are now.

400exrider707
06-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by TRX450RACER174
Yeah i do cardio and weight at the gym 5days a week 60min of cardio and 60 min of weights

Way to make me feel like a fatty....:p

mephyst
06-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Alcohol definitely kills you when trying to get big... That said, I will stick to drinking and not try and get BIG anymore like I wanted to be. I am perfectly fine with having the "model"look. 6 pack, nice broad shoulders, nice pecks and basically tone all around with no fat.

The diet is everything when getting big. Trying to be huge is way too difficult because if you are seriously into it you are waking up twice a night to eat. It gets ridiculous. I tried it for awhile and gained a lot of muscle, but I just couldn't take it anymore. On top of it, you can't drink so you definitely don't have as good of a time when going out...

It all depends on what type of body you want.

As for what I do... I lift weights and do cardio. I also play baseball about 5 days a week for 3-4 hours each session. Even after baseball a lot of times I will come home, eat like a horse, wait a few hours and go for a nice long jog at night. All you have to do is push yourself.

mitch91
06-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Get a job at a tree farm, driveing 10 foot metal steaks for 6 hours straight.