PDA

View Full Version : Holeshot Tips!!!

brazilian rider
10-18-2002, 06:24 AM
Hey guys tomorrow I have a cross country race and u know how important a good start is in this kind of race. Iwill race against raptors and 400 Ex with a lot of modds. My 400 EX have just something else and it's like a stock, not even pipe it has(mine FMF POWER CORE was so wrecked that I took it of). So i need some tips!!Any advice?

Nausty
10-19-2002, 10:43 AM
I LOVE HOLESHOTS

lol, I always do good on the holeshots and usually get the holeshot or worst case stuck in the middle.

Is how i do it, I line up with both of my tires in the ruts so I can get a lot of traction and I start out in 2nd gear usually. Try not to be to far on either side because you can get blocked out of the corner pretty easily. If people are rubbing you, keep it pinned, they will let off... usually... When you start off have a little weight forward and as you are about half way through second gear and your front tires are starting to drop from the takeoff is when you start moving back, but when you move back try to keep your head as low as possible and your but as far back as possible and me sometimes my feet arn't even on the pegs i get so far back.

One track I ride at has a light that goes off about a second before the gate drops and I stop a foot away from the gate usually and when the light goes I slowly let go of the clutch so that i'm moving and then when I see the gate twitch I drop the clutch, that way I get a running start on the gate AND i'm driving over the gate just as it hits the ground.

If it doesn't have the blinking light your best bet is to try to be calm and when you think the gate is about to drop I let out my clutch just until its about to grap and like I said when the gate twitches I start letting out. I aboslutely love holeshots, they are the funnest part of the race I think and also don't worry about people rubbing you from behind, be worried about the people in front of you or around your front end. hehe i'm the holeshot king and I line up all the time against 440's, raptors, 250r's ect and I still get them on the holeshot. I like to line up in the middle to inside or right next to where the guy that drops the gate is because you can move inside for more space if you need it.
:D

Extremeracer167
10-19-2002, 10:57 AM
If ur XC starts are like ours, u will be doing a dead engine start. NO GATES IN XC boys. Anyways depending on your weight, i weigh 150, and i ALWAYS start out in 2nd gear. the biggest mistake all of these guys make is changine your body position to start it. Dont sit forward or back, just sit in a good NEUTRAL position. wait for the flag man to twitch the BOTTOM of the flag and light it up. I have gotten almost everyholeshot at locals this year, and top3 at the nationals. Just have to practice alot. Thats the only way to get better at starts

Sick0
10-19-2002, 03:29 PM
Don't ask me. I hate hole shots I either crash or my 3rd gears go out. I also endup getting some fool in front of and he crashs. I hate hole shots.

Nausty
10-19-2002, 03:40 PM
GOD I LOVE EM', I love the bumping, rubbing, each time you line up you wounder if you gonna come out in front or getting ran over by tons of quads. I keep it pinned practically no matter what, I don't slack off, its either move or be moved for me. God I can't beleive racing season is over....

Sick0
10-19-2002, 03:53 PM
I love racing and can't believe race race season is done either. I just have to practise on my hole shot and I would like them more. I have very bad look luck with them. I should be on the gas more. But I nearly as bad most in my class.

trx400ex
10-19-2002, 08:48 PM
Practice makes permanent..so practice right and you will get beeter..probably take duncan 265 powervalves off the line with a piped 400ex:eek: :eek:

Nausty
10-19-2002, 09:26 PM
:rolleyes:

Sick0
10-20-2002, 09:09 AM
Will I'e smoked moto440 of the line but thats something about the rider.

QuadTrix6
10-20-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
GOD I LOVE EM', I love the bumping, rubbing, each time ....

that just sounds gay :D

Nausty
10-20-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix66

i'm just gay :eek:

:D

Sick0
10-20-2002, 03:03 PM
:huh :huh :huh

oynot400
10-23-2002, 10:36 AM
I was doing pretty good at hole shots until a county fair race. Three of us, the top three, got tangled up over the woops coming out of the gate. One of the guys walked away but his quad didn't. It kind of took some of the fire out of me.
Some of the tracks have a rope start. Where they streach a rope in front of you in stead of a gate. If you have one of these watch the hand of the guy holding the rope. Hit the gas as he moves his hand. It sure helped with me. :D