PDA

View Full Version : anyone been to finger lake mo.

450rJam
06-04-2007, 06:38 PM
I have heard its a good place to ride, its like 2 hr drive for me.
how strict are they with the sound thing ? 86 db is like really quiet.

I was just wondering so I will know if I should put the stock exhaust back on for a trip or if the rossier would be too much.
(I dont want to be the cause of another area closing)

nicker71
06-05-2007, 09:15 AM
I been there a handfull of times over the past couple of years. If your a trail rider than this place is for you. They have lots of hills and a mx track there also. Its a fairly large place and sometimes its easy to get lost out there. The back part is when it wet it is really muddy out there. Nearly all the trails are dirt so a rainy week makes for a muddy ride on the weekend. Also I havent been this year but all the other times I went I havent ever seen anyone checking exhaust for loudness.

450rJam
06-05-2007, 04:22 PM
thank you, thats exactly what I wanted to know

mod440ex
06-06-2007, 05:21 PM
ther enot real strict, but its going to suck now if you like trail riding because you have to have an 8 ft flag now, thats bs. if you go dont stay on the main trails they have been rutted out by big 4x4s , but theres alot to check out

450rJam
06-07-2007, 04:40 AM
ok, thanks for the flag info.

I have them already but I wouldnt have brought them, you saved me a long trip or buying 6 more flags

old-XC-guy
06-07-2007, 05:59 AM
Iv been riding there for over 10 years and I think Iv only seen a park ranger there one time. Nicker said it like it is as far as trails. Id stay away from anything that has water in it ! Dont think there is a bottom on some of them spots ! LOL.. And beware of some of the hill climbs, some go extreme strait up only to find they do exact same on the other side ! Strait down with lots of trees !

parkers30
06-07-2007, 03:05 PM
We went there last year and were planning on spending several days there. It was terribly hot and dusty but the trails were so rutted and muddy we couldn't really go any where.

We ended up loading up and heading to St. Joe, it just wasn't worth it.

gotwarrior
06-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Thats one thing that sucks about finger lakes.. the 4x4's really rut it up pretty bad.. alot of time you will find yourself having to get off your bike becuase your high centered..