PDA

View Full Version : LT-R stability

07250ex
06-04-2007, 04:33 PM
hey guys i'm wondering how stable the LT-R is (I assume very stable) have any of you guys ever flipped it in doughnuts or rolled in in highspeed slides/drifts, can bicecles be done?

CannondaleRider
06-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Kind of common sense, don't you think?

Being 49 inches wide, and lower....it's going to be more stable then a 46 inch bike.

But, no matter how stable a bike is, it can always highside, if you push it hard enough, and arn't in enough control to sense it.

DVXracer
06-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Its proven to be very difficult for me to flip, i ride HARD and i didnt even come close yet .

AZ-LT-R450
06-04-2007, 07:23 PM
These are very stable around corners. I have not even come close to flipping yet...

DVXracer
06-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah its pretty hard, i was doing a 2nd gear doughnut the other day and cought traction, i didnt even get on 2 wheels i just instantly stopped ..

xwarriorx
06-04-2007, 08:07 PM
i cannot preach this enough, if you dont hold out the throttle through the lip of a jump it will nose a little but i have had that thing at like 75 degrees of a table top and i braced my knees and got ready to go over and it just soaked it up and the 50 inches brought me down. amazing i was sure i was going over. there very stable.

strubby
06-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by xwarriorx
i cannot preach this enough, if you dont hold out the throttle through the lip of a jump it will nose a little but i have had that thing at like 75 degrees of a table top and i braced my knees and got ready to go over and it just soaked it up and the 50 inches brought me down. amazing i was sure i was going over. there very stable.

I agree. Stock suspension setup, I have fell nose first if I'm not paying attention but it's never as bad as I expect, and have never went over. Stay on the throttle and you're pretty much golden. Sideways... man, if I'm not on the track, "drifting" is my favorite thing to do on this bike. It gets sideways, and stays sideways so effortlessly and controllably. Almost could care less about reverse in trails because it's so easy to whip around in nearly any trail. Love it...

07250ex
06-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by strubby
I agree. Stock suspension setup, I have fell nose first if I'm not paying attention but it's never as bad as I expect, and have never went over. Stay on the throttle and you're pretty much golden. Sideways... man, if I'm not on the track, "drifting" is my favorite thing to do on this bike. It gets sideways, and stays sideways so effortlessly and controllably. Almost could care less about reverse in trails because it's so easy to whip around in nearly any trail. Love it...

oh man i know whipping it around in the trails is great my buddy can do it on his predator from a stop can a yfz whip around easily i know i can whip my 250ex in my field when the grass is wet =p

culichi
06-04-2007, 09:26 PM
the ltr is the most stable atv ever, no wonder some racers ride with full stock suspension and a-arms setup