PDA

View Full Version : fmf megamax owners

exrider12
06-04-2007, 01:40 PM
How do you like it?Does it give good power?Do the mounts rust easily?how loud is it without the quiet core and with it?Did you jet your atv right away?if so what jet are you running?

THX

mak400ex
06-04-2007, 11:20 PM
How do you like it?Does it give good power?Do the mounts rust easily?how loud is it without the quiet core and with it?Did you jet your atv right away?if so what jet are you running?

i love my megamax. and it deffiantly gave an overall increase in power. and i havnt had any problems with the mounts rusting..? and its louder than my dads 400EX (with a supertrapp pipe on it)
with my baffles out. and i havnt jetted it yet..but im planning on it.

exrider12
06-05-2007, 02:29 PM
thx for the info.on another website i heard the mounts rusted and you couldnt get them off to repack the muffler

exrider12
06-05-2007, 02:29 PM
thx for the info.on another website i heard the mounts rusted and you couldnt get them off to repack the muffler

m.h.s.c.#527
06-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by mak400ex

i love my megamax. and it deffiantly gave an overall increase in power. and i havnt had any problems with the mounts rusting..? and its louder than my dads 400EX (with a supertrapp pipe on it)

no its not its longer than a supertrapp and a 400ex has a bigger engine this pipe is not worth buying

m.h.s.c.#527
06-05-2007, 11:13 PM

no its not its longer than a supertrapp and a 400ex has a bigger engine this pipe is not worth buying

m.h.s.c.#527
06-05-2007, 11:13 PM

mak400ex
06-05-2007, 11:28 PM
/\ Calm down cracka.

it depends on what kind of sound you like. the 400ex is more of a higher pitched sound..

my dad acually wants one for his 400.

the megamax is deffiantly a lower pitched more throaty growl.

m.h.s.c.#527
06-05-2007, 11:36 PM
i didnt mean it to hit 3 times but a supertrapp is waaaay louder the magamax uses stock header it provides very small amount of gainage

mak400ex
06-05-2007, 11:43 PM
ill say this again..

it depends on what kind of sound you like.

the supertrapp pipe on the 400ex has a higher pitch then the megamax does on the 250ex.

the megamax gives you a nice earthy growl

VS.

the supertrapp gives you a higher pitched more poppy sound.

but im pretty much done talking about this..

this isnt what the guy asked for. i already gave him what he asked for and now im done.

BlasterEaten250
06-06-2007, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
and a 400ex has a bigger engine that has nothing to do with how loud it is

I've seen a couple of older mega-max's rusting, but I think if you took care of it rust shouldn't be a problem.

m.h.s.c.#527
06-06-2007, 01:12 PM
thats y a hmf sport series is louder on a 400ex than a hmf sort series on a 250ex

stew2010
06-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
that has nothing to do with how loud it is

I've seen a couple of older mega-max's rusting, but I think if you took care of it rust shouldn't be a problem.

i agree, first off i own a mega max and it is good on a 250 for a slip on, it gave mine loads better throttle resp.

if u buy it run it straight no disks

it does a wonderful job of making the neighbors happy:D

i need to re jet it boggs a little in 3rd+

if you put on the quiet core it is as loud as stock;)

exrider12
06-06-2007, 01:29 PM
thx everyone for the info

culichi
06-06-2007, 02:44 PM
if you want sound and have the money get6 the full yoshi!:devil: