PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Covers for 400EX??

brazilian rider
10-18-2002, 05:39 AM
Hey guys I've just bought a new headlight for my 400 EX. Rocks and jumps has destroyed it. Does anyone knows if these Nac's covers will help me out on bad landings jumps and when I fell of the bike or just protects from rocks and mud?

spincr4hire
10-18-2002, 05:51 AM
Nacs covers work good for flying debree, but they are not bullet proof. I've never had a problem with broken lights, though I never hit doubles or triples. If you jump or wreck a lot, just take your headlights off and buy a hood.

BadA$$440
10-18-2002, 11:28 AM
Ya, they wont protect from jumping. I would take them out like everybody else does if you jump high cuz they will normally get broke. I have the headlight covers on mine and they look sweet but only protect from small rocks, mud, etc.

brazilian rider
10-18-2002, 04:10 PM
but taking the headlights off doesn`t take too long?i don`t know nothing about mechanic and this stuff. It`s easy for me to take and out it off all the time?(one mechanic sad to me that taking and putting back the headlighta will damage it and the sockets)
(i don`t know if sockets are the ridht name for it I just know that it`s the thing that holds the headlight)sorry about the english