PDA

View Full Version : 700R4 transmission for chevy silverado truck

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
06-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Ok, so I have been working on my truck, I have a 1988 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 truck and I had to pull the transmission off because the bellhousing was broke, and now I am looking for a good 700R4 automatic transmission, 4 wheel drive transmission for my truck. I need a 700R4 transmission for 4 wheel drive, and it needs to be in the years range of 1986 to 1988. So if anyone has a 700R4 transmission for a 1988 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 truck, please let me know. I am looking for one for a good deal or a reasonable deal. I really want to get my truck driving down the road, but I need a tranny now, so please let me know if you got one.

markk
06-04-2007, 03:02 PM
i wish u woulda let me know a cpl months ago, I had one out of a 87 chevy! have u tried a salvage yard, They go for pretty resonable price around my area!

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
06-04-2007, 04:35 PM
yea, i I tried a salvage yard and the first guy told me he would take $200 for a tranny, but he also told me he wouldn't trust any trannies out in his yard because the people that bring tham in to his yard he said, the vehicle only has a bad tranny and everything else works, and he doesn't like that, but ohwell. and i went to another guy and he told me $250 for one, and i said no.

markk
06-11-2007, 09:01 PM
250 is a fair price outa a salvage yard, if they warenty there product. Most places around here go for 30 days, its not that hard to change a tranny, I pulled my motor and trans and rear end outa 79 elcamino in 2.5 hrs on a shop floor! thats alot cheaper than getting a rebuild, or mabey look for some old trucks that the motor is blown in and purchase the whole truck for a cpl hundred bucks!

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
06-11-2007, 09:45 PM
yea, I don't have a couple hundred dollars to spend right now, but i have thought of that though. I decided i was going to go buy a transmission from amery auto and try one out and see if it works good or not. I hope it works. So far i am going to try that and see what happens. I just want to get my truck running on the road, but today a friend of mine told me i will have to get a tranny of the same gear ratio, or i will have problems with 4 weel drive and stuff. So now i have to figure out what gear ratio tranny i need, then i will go from there.

Glenyzracer25
06-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
yea, I don't have a couple hundred dollars to spend right now, but i have thought of that though. I decided i was going to go buy a transmission from amery auto and try one out and see if it works good or not. I hope it works. So far i am going to try that and see what happens. I just want to get my truck running on the road, but today a friend of mine told me i will have to get a tranny of the same gear ratio, or i will have problems with 4 weel drive and stuff. So now i have to figure out what gear ratio tranny i need, then i will go from there.

y does tranmission gear ratio matter? i dont think the ratios change much in the 700R4 in any years. If it's out of a 4-wheel drive truck the tailshaft will go in the transfer case properly and everything should work. if the gear ratio does change, the only problem you might have is a speedo error.