PDA

View Full Version : ok ...going big with ESR 350

redrooster310r
06-04-2007, 09:19 AM
made a decision to go with a p/v esr 350 t/e . any suggestions on port job?i saw alot of people here dont like their work. looking to rip dunes and then trails back east in summer.

TheFontMaster
06-04-2007, 09:46 AM
You can get your cylinder from ESR un ported, then send it to C-liegh, one of the members on hera. I hear really good things about his porting work.

4LEAFCLOVER
06-04-2007, 05:19 PM
I would let you know how their 350 PV engine runs but I haven't even got a chance to run mine since I got it back from them. My quad has been out of commission ever since I sent the engine to them. I finally got it back and it had a pin hole on the cylinder (was leaking water), had to send it back to them. They said they didn't have anymore 350PV cylinders so they tack welded the hole shut and sent it back to me. They were very helpful with any info I had about what I wanted to do in the build up of my quad. I finally got it back up and running but we are trying to figure out the jetting right now. Mind you I had to get a bigger carb for the 350PV engine. I don't know what size Keihin carb the guy had on it when I bought it but it wasn't big enough for this massive 350PV engine. So I bought a Keihin 39PWK from ESR and now we are trying to figure out the jetting for this beast. I think it's going to be BANANAS when we get it dialed in.

C-LEIGH RACING
06-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Down around Georiga with a 39mm, say around a 45 to 50 on the pilot & 185 & up on the main. A DGH needle probably would work ok as well.
Your atmosphere is about the same as here in the Carolinas so that should be close.
Neil

4LEAFCLOVER
06-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the info Neil. I will have to try that out when I get home.