PDA

View Full Version : 450R TCS rebuilds

400exrider707
06-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Does anyone know if the TCS conversion kit for stock 450R front shocks changes anything internally? I'm thinking my need to be freshened up, just wondering if I should sent them to C&D because they obviously know what they are doing, or if I can just have my local guy do it (only because of a time constraint) IF there is stuff changed internally, I'd rather send them to C&D because I dont really trust this guy beyond changing fluids and a new seal. My front end seems to be sitting a little low these days and I'm not sure if a rebuild is even going to get it sitting straight or if I have to upgrade main springs...any thoughts?

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/05honda505/4.jpg

Colby@C&DRacing
06-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Servicing the shocks should not effect the ride height. Do they feel to soft? do they roll or dive in the corners? Who ever services them should have all this info so that any changes that may need be can be done at time of servicing.

Yes the TCS converion shocks have all new internal components.

400exrider707
06-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
Servicing the shocks should not effect the ride height. Do they feel to soft? do they roll or dive in the corners? Who ever services them should have all this info so that any changes that may need be can be done at time of servicing.

Yes the TCS converion shocks have all new internal components.

Thats what I thought. I originally bought these from a member on here who claimed they were set up for 180lb on +2's Im about 190 with gear and I have +2's, but it sits too low in the front even for MX. They dont really feel too soft though, they dont bottom out excessively and if they are I dont feel any harsh bottoming. They just seem too low is all. They are plush though, they do dive a little in the corners, not so much roll though. Ill post a couple more pics so you can swee what Im talking about how low they are.

400exrider707
06-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Ok here is a pic of my buddy riding it who is in the 190lb range... though this corner shot is hard to describe what its doing, you can see it rolling a little bit in the corner I guess....
My compression is also turned 1 full turn out from fully seated. Just FYI

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/05honda505/l_f6750584c7286271f107b1af62ca4dac.jpg

Here is a side shot of it with the same rider (please ignore the dollar sign tupac pants, it was a joke) The front end though in the sand is definitely too low here....

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/05honda505/l_ce046acaac727f06a53f89ac97a91ddd.jpg

Here is another view with the quad in the same position so you can see the springs on the shock.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/05honda505/l_3a2764b15ff11bb263c6b96c212867c7.jpg

Is there numbers on the springs or engraved anywhere that would correlate to what these shocks were originally set up for? Thanks colby, from the sounds of it you will be getting these shocks for rebuilding.

burcham400#39
06-06-2007, 05:53 AM
it looks like they took the adjustment off the shock so u can't raise or lower your ride height, they make crossovers that u can put in between your springs that will raise your ride height, i had to do this to my stock revalves too, and that guy over at tcs knows what he is doing thats the only shock that i will buy

400exrider707
06-06-2007, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by burcham400#39
it looks like they took the adjustment off the shock so u can't raise or lower your ride height, they make crossovers that u can put in between your springs that will raise your ride height, i had to do this to my stock revalves too, and that guy over at tcs knows what he is doing thats the only shock that i will buy

Yeah this kit makes it so there really isn't any way to adjust the ride height. I'll see what Colby has to say about it, seeing he built them, and he does these on a daily basis. Thanks for the info.

Colby@C&DRacing
06-06-2007, 08:24 AM
I replied to this yesterday but it doesn't show up :devil:

You need a crossover adjustment to increase the front ride height and to decrease the body roll. We can take care of that NP

400exrider707
06-06-2007, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
I replied to this yesterday but it doesn't show up :devil:

You need a crossover adjustment to increase the front ride height and to decrease the body roll. We can take care of that NP

thats great, is it just a different cross over piece? Something I can do myself? I am more than capable of taking these apart, but I dont want to do anything internal. Thanks colby, they're getting fixed one way or another.

400exrider707
06-14-2007, 09:22 AM
TTT. Colby I'm thinking of just sending you the shocks and having them freshened anyways, but Im still curious to know about the crossover piece.