PDA

View Full Version : Computer/DVD help.

miller821
06-03-2007, 09:15 PM
So I recently purchased a zune mp3 player, and love it. It plays music, can watch videos and look at pictures. So I can get a video onto the zune no problem, but it must already be saved onto the computer. I.E. Downloaded from Limewire.

So my question is, I can put a DVD into my computer and watch it. But is their anyway I can save it to my computer/rip it so it will be in my library?

Thanks guys!

nosliw
06-04-2007, 12:06 AM
what kind of computer are we dealing with here?

i use mac, and only mac.... here's what i do.

download 'handbrake' or 'mactheripper' from versiontracker.com,

it rips and converts the video to mpeg-4, and from there you can add to your library and should be able to transfer to player.

but if you're using a windows-box, i'm sure there is share-ware you can download that will do the same thing.

try cnet.com or maybe a zune forum

ballisticpb
06-04-2007, 10:39 AM
you can download divix. it will save dvd's as an mpeg format then they will work on your zune. windows media player will also be able to do that but its a little more complicated.

other software is dvd shrink. it saves the movie on the hard drive in what ever format you want and it is free

miller821
06-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by ballisticpb
you can download divix. it will save dvd's as an mpeg format then they will work on your zune. windows media player will also be able to do that but its a little more complicated.

other software is dvd shrink. it saves the movie on the hard drive in what ever format you want and it is free

I still can't figure these two out, anymore details on em/how to do it?

ballisticpb
06-05-2007, 12:20 AM
divx has a converter software that is kind of complicated.

try some of these. they are simple and will walk you right through what you need for your zune.

have fun

http://www.zunevideoconverter.com/software_download.html

miller821
06-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by ballisticpb
divx has a converter software that is kind of complicated.

try some of these. they are simple and will walk you right through what you need for your zune.

have fun

http://www.zunevideoconverter.com/software_download.html

Ok that worked, thanks a lot:)