PDA

View Full Version : edelbrock carb please help

orangeEX
06-03-2007, 09:01 PM
i got a used one with no instructions i think the screw in the top is a needle adjustment and i figured out the accelerator pump theres a leaver on the side if i move it with it running it will die
looks like a choke lever quad runs pretty good i just want to dial it in..i know how to adjust jets and needles on standard carbs just need to know all my options on this quicksilver II

thanks
wes

JustRace
06-05-2007, 08:31 PM
I haven't posted in about 3 years, but I had the edelbrock carb on my 440ex when I had it.

There should have been a little tool that came with the carb, if it didn't no big loss. On top of the carb there is a bolt that comes out and inside there is a adjustment screw. I believe it has 28 clicks. This just helped dial in the carb once I got the right needle in it. I believe the stock needle was 15. I had to put a 17 in mine to make the carb perform like it should. The little lever on the side is the enrichner.

If you have any questions I would just say e-mail Edelbrock, they have outstanding service.

REDRIDDER
06-06-2007, 09:01 AM
orangeEX i pm you a while ago about your carb but you didnt get back to me,go to www.edelbrock.com go under the offroad section and you can print out the instruction manual for that quicksilver carb, good luck once that carb is properly adjusted it ripps,also the carb dept at edelbrock will work with you on the phone with any questions you may have with tuning it or even how to do any thing to it.