PDA

View Full Version : Best Cross Country Tire

national425ex
06-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Its about time to order some new tires, Im just wondering what everyone else is running. These are the 3 I am looking at and will buy one of them. Looking for some input. Maxxis iRazrs, Maxxis Razr 2, or ITP Holeshot GNCC.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
06-03-2007, 08:49 PM
I have only ran the Maxxis Razr 2's, the only con I see is that the back ones where out pretty quick, to me the holeshot gnccs look really small and dont look like they would work as well as the other 2, and the irazrs are basically stock radial tires with just a little bit bigger treads. If I was too get another pair it would be the razr 2s just because i love the gripiness of them

gotwarrior
06-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Razr2's.. from what I have seen the GNCC's wear pretty fast.

CannondaleRider
06-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Razr 2's....no question.

Unless you don't like to much side bite, or your riding style involves more sliding, then the Razr 2 rears may not fit your style. Especially if your on a bike that can't get the extremely grippy Razr 2's to spin easily.

If you believe this may be the case, go with Razr 2 fronts and Razr 1 rears. With my riding style, this combo fits me better. Unless i'm at a track with sand, mud, silt, or ash....then I run the Razr 2's.

Kinda depends on many factors....but, either way, go with Maxxis.

gncc025
06-04-2007, 03:54 PM
razr 2s. they are a big tire but ideal for gncc.

procircuit406ex
06-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Razr2 :macho

REDRIDDER
06-05-2007, 04:07 AM
i love my i-razors their expensive though but they are a radial tire 6ply that have lasted me 2yrs and running,the thing i like best about them is they hook up anywhere and give you a smoother ride than the bigger lugged razor 2,yes they may not look like they bite well but believe me they will go through mud,water,sand ,snow and also hard or rocky surfaces.ive ridden them down the snowmobile trails here and on the hard packed stuff they gripp awsome,well all ill say is hope your happy with your choice.